Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double din install under 600$

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double din install under 600$

Hey
i finshed my double din and wanted to share it with u guys

-Avic 700bt 425$
-Gm harness 30
-Gm antenna 20$
-Pac (steering wheel Controls) 90
-brackets 10$
-Radio bezel 20$ (still working on Finshing it)

Total 595$

System works Great after i did the hareware Bypass to allow me to watch movies and play with my gps while in driving

Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

does that model play dvds? i work at circuit city and we have one that looks just like it that has nav but does not play dvds
Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Ya no dvd but I got a 8 sd card with all my music n movies
Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

What are you doing about the whole circuit city thing man???
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Launching!

What are you using for brackets? They sort of look like they're pulled off another car.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Nice going legendary, just gotta clean that bezel up.

I've got mine sitting here in the box, I can't wait to get my bezel from Kee Audio and install this sucker.

You mentioned you can't use GPS while driving....explain? How did you get around this?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I used deck brackets n bones I will shoot u a pm later cuz I m on my iPod
Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Bones87
Nice going legendary, just gotta clean that bezel up.

I've got mine sitting here in the box, I can't wait to get my bezel from Kee Audio and install this sucker.

You mentioned you can't use GPS while driving....explain? How did you get around this?
You can use the GPS while driving, you just can't program new destinations while driving - the parking brake has to be engaged to activate programming. (Actually, the parking brake switch has to be providing ground to the safety wire - I'll let you figure it out from there.)

Ahem... we don't support don't anything as incredibly stupid as watching video while driving so any post describing methods to bypass this important safety feature will be deleted. <cough, cough>
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Launching!

I installed my F700BT today with great success as well. Looks essentially just as Legendary's setup does except I decided not to cut up my bezel and I will be ordering a custom made one from someone. Use some old sheet metal or aluminum to make L-brackets (old computer cases work well). I ran my Sony Walkman cord into the glove compartment box.

The installation and splicing of wires was foolproof, its essentially color-to-color matching and crimping. Since I didn't have any aftermarket power amps, rear video camera, or RCA-connector speaker cables, one half of the installation cords are unused. I did not connect the reverse-signal-indicator wire nor did I connect the parking brake wire (ground it!).

I also performed the hardware bypass on my unit and can edit GPS functions while in motion. I need to get a SD card so I can edit on-board files, watch movies, etc. Since we are condoning that specific behavior, if you need help check out www.avic411.com for more information on the Pioneer series of headunits. I do not plan to even have movies on my headunit as that IS stupid as previously noted...but the ability to edit GPS on-the-fly could prove to be useful and necessary albeit dangerous.

Last edited by Bones87; 02-14-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

i saw your install but decided to go with the pioneer AVH-P3100. idk if it will work like yours but how did you get that "pontiac" screen on there? kind of like viewing pics with the SD card?

Quick Reply: Double din install under 600$