Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harness for LS2/58x

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring Harness for LS2/58x

Who makes a wiring harness for 2008 LS2/58x out of Trailblazer SS? Painless told me they dont make one and probably will take them til the end of the year. I see Speartech has one, but i wasnt trying to spend $1500. It is going into my 62 impala.

Thx for any help you can give!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think maybe FAST, GM, Current Performance, and maybe a few others.
If your going with a stick shift trans, go with the GM kit, it's cheap for what all you get.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck, I converted my set up to the older style with the reluctor ring conversion box.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Launching!

If you have a stock harness out of something thats uses the E38 PCM, its not hard to convert to suit your needs.
You can also buy the complete standalone system(harness, pcm, 02', maf, pedal) from gmpp for $900. And supposedly just the harness will be available"soon"
Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 62pala
Who makes a wiring harness for 2008 LS2/58x out of Trailblazer SS? Painless told me they dont make one and probably will take them til the end of the year. I see Speartech has one, but i wasnt trying to spend $1500. It is going into my 62 impala.

Thx for any help you can give!!!

We have lots of different combinations depending on what you already have and and what you need.

We can do a stand alone rework if you got the harness with your engine, as long as that harness will meet the needs of your project.

We can build you a new custom harness if you need it and reprogram your ECM/TCM and save you a lot of money over our complete package price.

You can break it down a lot of different ways. We can do anything from reworking your harness and computers to building you a complete, new custom system, or anything in between.

Plus, it's all backed by our technical expertise and support!

We don't necessarily charge more; we offer more.

Get with me if you have any questions.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Speartech
We have lots of different combinations depending on what you already have and and what you need.

We can do a stand alone rework if you got the harness with your engine, as long as that harness will meet the needs of your project.

We can build you a new custom harness if you need it and reprogram your ECM/TCM and save you a lot of money over our complete package price.

You can break it down a lot of different ways. We can do anything from reworking your harness and computers to building you a complete, new custom system, or anything in between.

Plus, it's all backed by our technical expertise and support!

We don't necessarily charge more; we offer more.

Get with me if you have any questions.
John,

Im going to give u a call tomorrow to discuss.

Thx
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Launching!

You can run a readily available Gen III swap harness, with the lingenfelter 58x conversion box for the crank and cam sensors. Converter box is about $250or so, and a LS1 swap harness is around $500 from the supplier i use. Then you can use the Gen III PCM, which will control your transmission also, if your going automatic. You could do the harness with fan and fuel relays, computer, and converter box for around $850. If your not going auto trans and dont need the option to control a auto trans, the GMPP GEN IV kit for $850 is hard to beat, and it includes the throttle pedal, ECM, 02 sensors, MAF, O2 bungs and harness. It even comes programmed for a few selected engines, could be used just to get the car to a tuner shop if neccessary. Im doing a 58x L92 with a turbo and 4l80, and running a GEN III harness with converter box, so i can still control my trans without buying a costly stand alone transmission controller. My .02
Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LQ9CHEVELLE
You can run a readily available Gen III swap harness, with the lingenfelter 58x conversion box for the crank and cam sensors. Converter box is about $250or so, and a LS1 swap harness is around $500 from the supplier i use. Then you can use the Gen III PCM, which will control your transmission also, if your going automatic. You could do the harness with fan and fuel relays, computer, and converter box for around $850. If your not going auto trans and dont need the option to control a auto trans, the GMPP GEN IV kit for $850 is hard to beat, and it includes the throttle pedal, ECM, 02 sensors, MAF, O2 bungs and harness. It even comes programmed for a few selected engines, could be used just to get the car to a tuner shop if neccessary. Im doing a 58x L92 with a turbo and 4l80, and running a GEN III harness with converter box, so i can still control my trans without buying a costly stand alone transmission controller. My .02

Pretty much what I am doing, I got a Gen III harness and PCM from an '05 then flashed the PCM and will dissect the harness for a stand alone. You can get a used Gen III harness for about $150 all day long. Harness, PCM and minor tuning/flash should be less then $400 plus the $250 for the 58x/24x converter.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the input. When i bought the setup, i made sure i got everything, motor, automatic trans, wiring harness, fuse box, ecm, tach controller, gas pedal. And i was under the impression that to simply thing i could just get another harness to replace the one i have and extend it so i can relocate the parts.

But just like anything, its always easier said than done!!!

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness for LS2/58x