Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some answers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need some answers???

ok guys ive got a 77 chevy swb and im doing a carbed 5.3 swap. ive gotten alot of the parts already but what im really needing help with is trans. im going to be doing a turbo 350. i know that i need a spacer or an adpater to be able to run the trans with the 5.3 anybody know of a sponsor or vendor that would sell a torq converter and adapter that i can run. also will the stock starter off the 06 motor that i got work with this trans??? how hard is it to tune the msd 6010??? im also wondering if a holley street avenger 670 will be good enough to run with this any help will be helpful!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run your regular TH350 converter. Get a 4l80 flexplate / spacer setup from a junkyard or dealer, and just re-drill the three holes on the flexplate to match your converter. OR........get a 4l60 flexplate, buy the GMPP spacer adaptor kit (which is almost always on backorder, but cheaper) and re-drill the 4l60 flexplate. Piece of cake. Starter will work with either or the 2 flexplates, they all have the same tooth count and ring gear depth.