Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??Anyone else waiting for ARP head bolt kits??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ??Anyone else waiting for ARP head bolt kits??

I've been waiting for mine for a few weeks from TR. E-mailed back and forth and found out they've been on national back order since February. TR said no one has them and they don't know when they'll get them. I was unaware of this at the time of purchase and now my cars in pieces waiting for bolts.

Anyone else in the same boat? I may have to get some stockers to get the car back together
Old 10-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ??Anyone else waiting for ARP head bolt kits??

Not sure if you would be interested, but this guy has a new ARP head stud kit for sale.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=397888
Old 10-10-2003, 07:46 PM
9 Second Club

Not sure if you would be interested, but this guy has a new ARP head stud kit for sale.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=397888
I'm going to try and wait for the one's I ordered. Just looking to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Thanks anyway
Old 10-10-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I`m in the same boat. Not sure which is worse, not having head bolts or not having the heads to bolt down!
Old 10-11-2003, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those were on backorder at the beginning of the year when I put my heads back on. I wouldn't hold my breath for them to suddenly show up. Just get the studs, the whole thing about not being able to slide the heads over the studs on an LS1 is just an urban legend, the head goes on fine.

-Geoff
Old 10-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Banned

Ssmokin, I'm sorry about the long backorder on the head bolts...we can't seem to get any straight answers from ARP, either. We do have plenty of the head stud kits in stock if you want to change your order. Jason99T/A has done head swaps with these in the car and can give you some advice if needed. Give us a call at 877-516-7223 if you would like...

Angie
Old 10-11-2003, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Ssmokin, I'm sorry about the long backorder on the head bolts...we can't seem to get any straight answers from ARP, either. We do have plenty of the head stud kits in stock if you want to change your order. Jason99T/A has done head swaps with these in the car and can give you some advice if needed. Give us a call at 877-516-7223 if you would like...

Angie
Angie,

I'm posting this here in hopes you will check back on this thread. Tried calling but just get voice-mails.
Thank you for the reply. I think I'm going to switch my order to the head studs since you have them. What are they going to run me? Will I still be able to get the sale price for ARP hardware that was going at the time of my order?

While I have your attention, maybe you can help me with my other problem. I bought a cam package,lifters,gasket packages and related stuff from you. The only problem is I was sent the older style "grapite" type head gaskets. My car is an '02 and has the multilayer steel gaskets. Because these are stock for '02,stronger, and I'm SC'd; I want to replace with the same. I have contacted sales 3 times (nothing),then Matthew by replying back to the "TR order info" e-mail. He apologized about no reply from sales and told me to speak with Paul about the gaskets. I e-mailed and left a voice-mail but have yet to recieve a reply. Could you help me resolve this?

Whatever the case goes for pricing on the stud kit, I would like you to change my order and bill me accordingly. If you can get me these studs and the correct gaskets, I will be forever grateful

Preston Dent
Camaro SS 2002
Invoice#:20142A
Date: 09/22/03
e-mail: calvnh0bs1@aol.com
Old 10-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Banned

Preston, I printed out your repy here so I can check into everything when I am at the shop tomorrow. I'll send you an e-mail in the morning and I'll make sure that both things get shipped tomorrow as well.

Thanks,
Angie
Old 10-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Launching!

I'm in the same boat.

Maybe the same "bolt"....

Anyhoo...

Only takes a few weeks to re-tool a cold-headed fastener... and that's only if the cold-heading tooling is worn out in the first place.

We buy a few million specialty fasteners a year. I'd have the baseball bat at the ready if a supplier told me 8 weeks for new tools.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Well guys I spoke with ARP again today. The reply was that the Head Bolt kits should be shipping out to vendors within the next week. Now I pressed the gut telling how long I have heard this but he seemed to be serious. This being said, guys please don't get your hopes up to high. I just wanted to let you guys know what the current status is.
Preston I believe we were able to get you taken care of today.

Matthew
Old 10-14-2003, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Preston, I printed out your repy here so I can check into everything when I am at the shop tomorrow. I'll send you an e-mail in the morning and I'll make sure that both things get shipped tomorrow as well.

Thanks,
Angie

Well guys I spoke with ARP again today. The reply was that the Head Bolt kits should be shipping out to vendors within the next week. Now I pressed the gut telling how long I have heard this but he seemed to be serious. This being said, guys please don't get your hopes up to high. I just wanted to let you guys know what the current status is.
Preston I believe we were able to get you taken care of today.

Matthew

Just sent you a reply to Angie's e-mail. I didn't have time to check the board or my mail yesterday.
Thanks for taking care of me.