Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Nodular Case for a 9-inch???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nodular Case for a 9-inch???

Hey guys, this is my first post here...I think there is more knowledge on this board compared to others I have seen.

Anyways, I'm in the process of puting together a 9-inch for my 360rwhp LT1 WS6, using the housing/axel package from Moser and then having the 3rd member built locally. My question is = Is the Nodular Case neccessary? I plan on running mid 11's for the next season and eventually high 10's in a few years.

Is it worth it on an 11 sec car? I can always upgrade later. I just don't want to pay the extra $220 if I don't have to

Thanks

Andy
Old 10-11-2003, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Nodular Case for a 9-inch???

Andy,
Welcome to the board! You will find an abundance of info here.

Now, for the center section. My suggestion is to go with the Strange S series case. It is an iron case that will support plenty of power, and it weighs in in between the aluminum centers and the big beefy iron cases. Plus it comes in cheaper than both. Here is the one I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436811627

You will also want to stay away from the aluminum center section for a daily driver car. Now if you want to really spend some cash, check out the line of 9'' stuff from Mark Williams. You can get just about anything - magnesium, etc., but you will pay for it.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

What about the Torque Arm?
Old 10-11-2003, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look around on Ebay for a carrier with "WAR" cast into it. This is a casting with an extra support rib, and should be enough. (Better than stock, but not as strong as nodular iron ,although Moser states a nodular carrier as only 8% stronger than a stock carrier), and, best of all, you can find them for $60-$100 on Ebay all the time. Good luck, Shawn
Old 10-13-2003, 03:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just put the nodular case in there.kind of heavy though like 175 pounds total weight of the rear.thats what I have.bulletproof.

Quick Reply: Nodular Case for a 9-inch???