Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift cable need adjusting?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy shift cable need adjusting?

first of all my ignition lock the one that locks the shifter in park when key is off seems to be working in reverse it locks when key is on. second the shifter is in park but the car is moving in reverse gave up for today and didnt check anything further any ideas guys? please help
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Launching!

Reviving an old thread cuz i'm having the same problem with my shifter...
i'm wondering how to go about adjusting the shifter cable because for the last couple weeks my shifter has been off a little and i've had to wiggle it back and fourth to get it to lock into park and drive, well now it still goes in drive but wont go in park because when the shifter is in park the trans is in reverse and when the shifter is in reverse the trans is in neutral.

I'm assuming since its gotten worse something is loose and i just need to adjust the cable and tighten it back up but idk how to???
Old 04-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Nevermind figured out the problem.
Car was in the trans shop a month ago and they either didn't tighten one of the shifter cable bracket bolts on the pan all the way and it fell out, or just forgot to put it back in all together and the 2nd bracket bolt was loose so the force of the shifter cable was pulling the bracket to the side...

Last edited by 01ws666; 04-30-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Search this Thread