LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

a few questions

Old 02-14-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a few questions

do i need to go with the lt4 knock sensor setup with my pacesetter lt's? If so, what all do i need?

I somehow ordered a water pump for a corvette instead of a trans am, so now the line to the pass. side of the therm. is pointed out horizontally instead of straight up. Is that the return line with the bleed valev on it? I cant remember and was wondering if i can make it work or if i need to get the right pump.

Does anyone know the part number to the throttle body top plate gasket?

Lastly, if i remove the oil cooler from the block, will my filter thread on just as it should? Do i need any gaskets or adapters to remove the cooler?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAJ.C.
do i need to go with the lt4 knock sensor setup with my pacesetter lt's? If so, what all do i need?

I somehow ordered a water pump for a corvette instead of a trans am, so now the line to the pass. side of the therm. is pointed out horizontally instead of straight up. Is that the return line with the bleed valev on it? I cant remember and was wondering if i can make it work or if i need to get the right pump.

Does anyone know the part number to the throttle body top plate gasket?

Lastly, if i remove the oil cooler from the block, will my filter thread on just as it should? Do i need any gaskets or adapters to remove the cooler?
I would recommend getting the LT4 knock module, it will help avoid excessive knock retard. All you have to do is replace the knock module in the PCM, that's it.

I think the lines are in the same places on all of the different styles of water pumps, but the pipes are off different lenghts and orientations. I would just get the right pump for your car.

Throttle body gasket - GM Part number: 17113074

The oil filter adapter is bolted to the oil cooler, you have to remove it to unbolt the oil cooler from the block, once you do, just bolt the oil filter adapter to the block with a new oil filter adapter gasket and you should be good to go.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a 1993 the lt4 knock mod won't work. It has to be done with a tune.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
If you have a 1993 the lt4 knock mod won't work. It has to be done with a tune.
Didn't know that, thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a few questions