Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1133

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default P1133

So I was out driving today and looked at the dash and the damn SES light was on. Car is driving and running and idling just fine. Hook HPtuners up to it and pulled code P1133. I hooked the scanner too it and started monitoring BSS1 O2 sensor and noticed that it sometimes drops all the way down to 0 and stays there for a few seconds and then jumps back up to above 600. It does not always drop to 0 though like that, just sometimes. The other sensor, B2S1 never drops all the way to 0, the lowest it ever goes is to 30 or so. Does this more than likely mean I have a bad B1S1 O2 sensor?

BTW the O2 sensors are about 9 months old. They are the corvette sensors with the longer harnesses.

Last edited by tording99Z28; 02-14-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
So I was out driving today and looked at the dash and the damn SES light was on. Car is driving and running and idling just fine. Hook HPtuners up to it and pulled code P1133. I hooked the scanner too it and started monitoring BSS1 O2 sensor and noticed that it sometimes drops all the way down to 0 and stays there for a few seconds and then jumps back up to above 600. It does not always drop to 0 though like that, just sometimes. The other sensor, B2S1 never drops all the way to 0, the lowest it ever goes is to 30 or so. Does this more than likely mean I have a bad B1S1 O2 sensor?
BTW the O2 sensors are about 9 months old. They are the corvette sensors with the longer harnesses.

Disable codes P1133 and P1153, those are insuffcient switching codes caused by cold O2's among other things, the vette sensors are colder than OEM GM. Once one of those codes sets, it's stuck in open loop.

I recommend everyone who asks about LT headers and new O2's to steer away from the bosch sensors. I recommend OEM GM sensors and premade extensions.

Your sensors are dying, thats bosch for you.

If switching is ok at higher speeds, like 1800 and up, shutting the codes off might work. But seeing how they hang for so long, it sounds like there on the way out. My f body bosch sensors lasted 1500 miles.
Bosch is **** period.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Disable codes P1133 and P1153, those are insuffcient switching codes caused by cold O2's among other things, the vette sensors are colder than OEM GM. Once one of those codes sets, it's stuck in open loop.

I recommend everyone who asks about LT headers and new O2's to steer away from the bosch sensors. I recommend OEM GM sensors and premade extensions.

Your sensors are dying, thats bosch for you.

If switching is ok at higher speeds, like 1800 and up, shutting the codes off might work. But seeing how they hang for so long, it sounds like there on the way out. My f body bosch sensors lasted 1500 miles.
Bosch is **** period.
I have always read that one of the reasons the corvette sensors are good for LT headers is that because on the corvettes the sensors are farther down the exhaust path so the heating elements in them are hotter. This helps eliminate the issue with the sensors staying too cold and not switching properly. Can anyone else verify or not verify this?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
I have always read that one of the reasons the corvette sensors are good for LT headers is that because on the corvettes the sensors are farther down the exhaust path so the heating elements in them are hotter. This helps eliminate the issue with the sensors staying too cold and not switching properly. Can anyone else verify or not verify this?
It's been verified right here.

In this thread.