LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Intake Manifold Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake Manifold Question

I just purchased and received a lingenfelter ported intake manifold. I attached a link to the sell.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...y-58mm-tb.html

It appears to be an intake from some car other than your typical LT1 Engine. As you can see it routes the fuel lines around the back and does not provide the valley in the front for the fuel line setup I am used to. I received the fuel lines for this too so i don't believe function will be a problem. My worry starts because I don't know if it will clear the firewall in the back of the 96 Camaro I own.

Does anyone have experience with this model manifold or know what it is desined for?

Thanks in Advance,
Brandon
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevydriverz28
I just purchased and received a lingenfelter ported intake manifold. I attached a link to the sell.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...y-58mm-tb.html

It appears to be an intake from some car other than your typical LT1 Engine. As you can see it routes the fuel lines around the back and does not provide the valley in the front for the fuel line setup I am used to. I received the fuel lines for this too so i don't believe function will be a problem. My worry starts because I don't know if it will clear the firewall in the back of the 96 Camaro I own.

Does anyone have experience with this model manifold or know what it is desined for?

Thanks in Advance,
Brandon
It's either a Vette or 93 LT1 manifold as they didn't have the cross over in the front of the manifold. At least it looks that way to me. FYI - It should clear the firewall just fine as even on these models the fuel lines connected in the rear as well as our 94+ models.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Just curious, what are your other mods, unless you have heads and big cam, I wouldn't recommend putting that intake and a 58mm TB just yet.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

93 Manifold

94-97 Manifold

If you want to run a 93 manifold on a 94+ car, you also need the fuel rail and FPR.
There were a few differences in the routing of the vacuum lines as well IIRC.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help. I found out it was off a 93 Trans Am. Are there any disadvantages to the older design such as fuel flow. Luckely I have the seller sent the fuel rail in addition to the Intake.

Oh, and thanks for asking if I will acutally be needing the upgrade. I will be putting this on a low compression LT1 383 Forged H-beam four bolt angle main big cam motor with LE3 Heads. Oh and a vortech supercharger with a front mount running about 12-14 pounds on a holley 58mm Thottle body.

In my hopes it will be a beast and I cant wait to duct tape it all together.

Keep the info coming it's helping me alot.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think that there are any notable differences in air flow between the years of intake. Even if there was any, after porting they would be moot.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Brandon, let me know if you need any help with anything. Sounds like you gonna have the fastest LT1 in Mid Ga. I'm putting a local ported heads/intake/ 846 cam in my car and am shooting for 11s. You know I still owe you a head swap? And if you still wanna swap center consoles, let me know? What about that SS spoiler, still got it?
Booby's shop shut down and I got out of turning wrenches but I think I may have told you that already. Anyway you know where I live. Oh yeah, you got any stock springs you wanna get rid of?

Roger