Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aftermarket Fuel Rail Install C5

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Aftermarket Fuel Rail Install C5

I'm about to install a FAST 90/90 and after market fuel system in my C5 Z06. This is how I'm thinking of plumbing the fuel system; any comments or issues? Thanks for looking.

Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 02-15-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will work fine, but there is no need for the front crossover.

Infact, it will be a more direct path to the regulator instead of flowing all the fuel through the rails.

Why not run a hose at the rear of the intake instead of hard line? Should make the rail install easier.

Why an additional filter? You still running the rear factory one?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Lonnie!

Q: Why the additional filter?
A: I have the FFS fuel system with the 'lifetime' filter in the tank. After having some injectors cleaned and seeing first hand how much crap was in the injector filter baskets convinced me I should run an additional filter I can monitor.

Q: Why not run hose in the rear instead of hard line?
A: No particular reason really except that I it needs to be as low profile as possible on the drivers side rear due to firewall contact issues.

Infact, it will be a more direct path to the regulator instead of flowing all the fuel through the rails.
The regulator is in-tank, what do you mean by this? At first, I was going to run the rails in series but after talking to Aeromotive and reading Kinsler's recommendations I really want to run them in parallel.

This is how Aeromotive recommends routing the fuel system for my car:

What do you think?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
Thanks Lonnie!

The regulator is in-tank, what do you mean by this? At first, I was going to run the rails in series but after talking to Aeromotive and reading Kinsler's recommendations I really want to run them in parallel.

What do you think?
I quickly glanced at the picture & mistook the fuel pressure sensor as a regulator..... Now that i'm awake, I see what you meant.

Since there is no recircluation through the rails, you could just run the front connector & block off the rear.

No need to worry about parallel feeds as your single -6 inlet is more restrictive than the rails. It is your ultimate restriction.

As for the filter, be sure it is high capacity as any drop it creates will be directly seen at the injector.... another reason the regulator should be in front of the filter, preferrably on trhe rail.

Also with the stock lines & rear mount regulator, you will still run out of presure around 700rwhp, no matter how much pump you have, or the size of the rails. Your setup with stock lines is more cosmetic than functional.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 02-15-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Since there is no recircluation through the rails, you could just run the front connector & block off the rear.

No need to worry about parallel feeds as your single -6 inlet is more restrictive than the rails. It is your ultimate restriction.

As for the filter, be sure it is high capacity as any drop it creates will be directly seen at the injector.... another reason the regulator should be in front of the filter, preferrably on trhe rail.

Also with the stock lines & rear mount regulator, you will still run out of presure around 700rwhp, no matter how much pump you have, or the size of the rails. Your setup with stock lines is more cosmetic than functional.
It's 100% cosmetic . I want to make sure I'm not negatively reverse engineering the stock configuration in the process of the 'beautification' to ensure I'm not causing myself any problems.

I understand the system from the firewall back is an issue at the horsepower levels you indicate but I'm not there and don't foresee myself being there anytime in the next year. I'm currently N/A and plan on staying that way. Fixing the firewall back fuel system is an endeavor that I'll undertake later when I have to drop the rear cradle. You know what a PITA it is to remove the tanks on C5.....

Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fuel Rail Install C5