Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange diablo predator question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange diablo predator question

Hey everyone, my question about the diablo predator is about the range of adjustment for the rev limiters. How far up AND down can you adjust the rev limit with the predator? If the limit is not completely adjustable, is there any other affordable plug-and-play tuner that can fully adjust the limiter?

Basically, I want to know if I will have full control over the rev limiter because I want to lower the rev limiter way down while the camaro is at the body shop getting painted.

Thanks in advance,
Colin

Last edited by stang_killr; 02-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stang_killr
Hey everyone, my question about the diablo predator is about the range of adjustment for the rev limiters. How far up AND down can you adjust the rev limit with the predator? If the limit is not completely adjustable, is there any other affordable plug-and-play tuner that can fully adjust the limiter?

Basically, I want to know if I will have full control over the rev limiter because I want to lower the rev limiter way down while the camaro is at the body shop getting painted.

Thanks in advance,
Colin
TTT I would like to know this info also.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

i have a older diablo for my o1 ws6 it can be turned down but my max was 6500,i never tried turning it down that far though .im not sure about the newer revised models.mine is due for an upgrade real bad,bought it in 03.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

I think my Predator will run rev limiter to 6800. Predator is damn handy to have. I used it alot and I use STS to do my tuning. I am 260 miles from them. I use the Predator and my wideband to complete their tuning data sheet, e-mail it to them, they build the tune then e-mail my new tune to me. It has bee extremely effective. They are very good at it. I paid a few hundred $ up front and got alot of tuning. Usually I get my tune in 24 hours. Excellent option if there are no tuners in your area.

Only additional thought I have to pass on is that if I knew then where I would be now with building my car, I would have bought EFI Live. Although my car run very well, there are numerous fine, fine tuning details that are not realistic to handle with remote tuning. AFR, shift points, spark etc are spot on but fine tuning thing like TCC lock/unlock need in car logging/tuning.

People who bad mouth the Predator and its ability to be used through a CMR are uninformed. For mild to intermediate tuning, it is a great way to go. Advanced tuning is a bit different but not all people need it..

Old 02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The new Predators will allow toy to alter the rev limit by up to +/- 600 RPM from stock.

If you need more adjustment than that, there is a way around it, lemme know.

Also, if you need it, I can write you a simple tune for the rev limit set however you'd like it, and you can load it to the Predator.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Thank you Mike. With that information, I will definitely be purchasing a Predator in the near future.

Thank you
Colin