Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

front plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front plate bracket

anyone have one? i got a ticket for that and my tint thanks!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I tied my plate to my grill with a shoestring and got my ticket signed off. Then I cut and put my plate in my trunk right in front of the station and drove away.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

lol! ill try it. did they mention your home made bracket at all?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna use a zip tie to get signed off then off it comes too for my ticket.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

looks like ill do the same
Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Ah yes, CVC 5200. I got tagged for that many times (for years with different vehicles - I've got THAT code memorized) when I resided in Los Angeles (I'm a native). Zip ties worked well enough to pass back in the day. I'm sure they'll work now.

This is (one of the many reasons) why I like living in AZ: No front plate required. The front plate holder that came with the 2002 is still in the plastic wrapper.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

you know this is a random thought... I know of people that have gotten PO boxes in other states to get different liscenses and stuff... wonder if you could get a PO box in AZ and then register your car there... just a thought. that way you could still have your car in CA with out of state plates and be legal on that one...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
Ah yes, CVC 5200. I got tagged for that many times (for years with different vehicles - I've got THAT code memorized) when I resided in Los Angeles (I'm a native). Zip ties worked well enough to pass back in the day. I'm sure they'll work now.

This is (one of the many reasons) why I like living in AZ: No front plate required. The front plate holder that came with the 2002 is still in the plastic wrapper.
They're really pushing this one nowadays, what with the economy in the crapper. The bastards popped my wife with some BS "talking on the cellphone", when she didn't even have her cell on her, so then the bastard went after the tint and license plate, even though the tint is only 1-shade darker than "legal" and her plate is in the front window.

I can tell you, they aren't going to take zip ties... Prepare to get jacked for every little thing they can; ride height, exhaust note, tint, front plate, light colors, dice hanging from the window. You name it, they're looking for revenue wherever they can!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I zip tied my plate on my thunderbird when I got a front plate ticket. lol

Got that **** signed off then cut it off
Old 02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pweterss
anyone have one? i got a ticket for that and my tint thanks!
Bracket, 1993-02 Camaro License Plate

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...88&BIG=59388-1

$19.95
Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They don't say anything about zip ties... you just say my car never came with a front license plate mount. Hell my car came without a front license plate period.. shitty for me, just keep a low cover and the cops tend not to bother.

But yes zip ties work as long as the license plate is mounted on the front of the car somehow then you are good. Go in and be friendly with the cops, I have done this several times and 2 outta the 3 times they signed it off and waived the ticket. It could be because I am white but I went in dressed in jeans a polo shirt and looking fairly sharp. L.A and surrounding areas run on profiling they will try and get you for more if you look like crap cause the worse you present yourself the more likely you are to be up to something... I know this isn't necessarily true but it is statistically true.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
They don't say anything about zip ties... you just say my car never came with a front license plate mount. Hell my car came without a front license plate period.. shitty for me, just keep a low cover and the cops tend not to bother.

But yes zip ties work as long as the license plate is mounted on the front of the car somehow then you are good. Go in and be friendly with the cops, I have done this several times and 2 outta the 3 times they signed it off and waived the ticket. It could be because I am white but I went in dressed in jeans a polo shirt and looking fairly sharp. L.A and surrounding areas run on profiling they will try and get you for more if you look like crap cause the worse you present yourself the more likely you are to be up to something... I know this isn't necessarily true but it is statistically true.
dammm so much for my nike cortezzz and dickies!!lol j/k but your right,but i dont think its such a bad thing to profile......most of the time they are right.I know that sounds wrong.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pweterss
dammm so much for my nike cortezzz and dickies!!lol j/k but your right,but i dont think its such a bad thing to profile......most of the time they are right.I know that sounds wrong.
Yeah well hey you see like three guys with button down shirts top button only with shaved heads and they happen to be of the hispanic nature cruisin in a camaro, they could be up to something or nothing but a cop never gives that a second thought cause most of the time something comes from it. Just how it is... Shitty but hey they gotta watch out yes they do tend to over do it but ***** gotta stop before they stop. We give too much rights to criminals and less rights to those people sworn to protect us. I hate cops but damn they have **** jobs, all the crap they have to deal with if they shoot someone.