PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NoGo help with tuning of maf sensor..

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NoGo help with tuning of maf sensor..

ok as you can guess i have a descreaned maf and i also ported it on a lathe up to 85mm. I ussd a maft to tune it and atap to check it it it worked great and everything fell in line. Well i bought ls1 edit and sold my maft. Im having trouble getting the ltft inline. I did adjust the maf tabe(since thats the problem) by a huge percent and ran out of tuning in the upper frequency. My ltrims were 25+. I did recently find a maf table on the net http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=25 and wondered if that would work with some other tuning. What about the resistor mod in the maf to get the ltft inline as i have see others done. I could always go back to a stock maf but i have the damn program to correct the table and i see others running a ported maf with everything inline so it must be able to do. Any help would be great..
Old 10-11-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: NoGo help with tuning of maf sensor..

you have to remove the resistor and use that table.
theres also some info here
http://www.ls1tuning.com/forums/
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

How much did you shift your MAF curve?

On some ported MAFs, it isn't uncommon to bump the upper limit of the MAF when shifting MAF transfer function table. The upper portion of the curve doesn't effect your LTerms anyways.

You will probably be better off mimicking a ported MAF curve (as seen in your link) being they have a slightly flatter curve (also seen from your link) than a stock screened MAF. You don't have to use the exact curve, but you should have roughly the same shaped curve (whether it be higher or lower). If you don't use a ported MAF curve shape your car will most likely start going very rich in the upper RPM.

You *should* be able to get your LTerms in line using the MAF table. If, after shifting your MAF curve you absolutely can't, then there may be some other things to address.

Have you relocated your MAF? Moving it around and not giving it a couple inches of straight tube eiter direction will generate odd, not correctable, LTerms.

Try switching to a stock MAF just to see if the LTerms come down. This is just to check that your LTerm problem is DEFIANTLY coming from your MAF. It would be a nightmare if you were correcting for a vacuum leak.

If you can't get things in order try changing to a different MAF end.

Make sure your thermistors aren't dirty.

Good Luck
Old 10-12-2003, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok i shifted the curve by more than 20% and yes i did max out the upper end of the scale. Yes my maf is also ported(did it on a lathe with a boring bar up to 85mm) The maf is in the stock location. I know its the maf cause the ltft was dead 0 with the maft wich i just sold on ebay cause i now have ls1 edit.
Just wanted your take on the maf table i found(thanx to this message board) and if it looks about right for a ported maf. The ltft is very close to 0 (2-4) with 20% increas on the whole table wich puts the end of the table out of the scale. So ill go back and try out that table and see where the ltft falls into. So what about the pe table for wot. On the maft i had it at something like 15% rich. Would i have to change the pe table for wot with the ported maf or should that fall inline with the corrected maf table... sorry for all the questions but trust me i will ask more about other things too. Oh one other thing i heard that you had a sight with ls1 edit basics or something of that nature what is it called..