General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Couple things not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple things not working

Okay first of all, my power drivers seat doesn't work. When I bought the car, it had water in the floorboard. Do you guys think maybe something is shorted out? What would be the best way to check that?

Secondly, my steering wheel controls for my stereo don't work either. It may have something to do with the fact that the car has been wrecked and the air bag deployed. My AIR BAG light is on on my dash.

Also, when I bought the car, it had the fuse that controls the dome light pulled out, and since I have put it back in, my dome light comes on and off by itself a few times after I turn the car off, and my security light on my dash is on. Any thoughts?

And I was wondering if you guys knew the best way for me to go about fixing a control arm (I think that's what it is called) for the drivers side windshield wiper. Its broken, and it is making my wiper scrape the **** out of my window.

Any help would be awesome guys. Thanx in advance,

Swift
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the car have a rear window defogger? See if it works, it's on the same circuit as the seat and has a circuit breaker (DEFOG/SEATS). They're known for getting weak cutting power but will usually reset itself - some people replace it with a 30 AMP fuse, if it has a fuse in there see if it's blown.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My rear defroster works, I have used it before.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BCM maybe?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

geez humm how bad of a crash was it in? seems like your getting some bones surfacing form the closet.. do you meen you wiper arm??? what do you meen broke? like it doesnt work with the other wiper or what?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
Okay first of all, my power drivers seat doesn't work. When I bought the car, it had water in the floorboard. Do you guys think maybe something is shorted out? What would be the best way to check that?

Secondly, my steering wheel controls for my stereo don't work either. It may have something to do with the fact that the car has been wrecked and the air bag deployed. My AIR BAG light is on on my dash.

Also, when I bought the car, it had the fuse that controls the dome light pulled out, and since I have put it back in, my dome light comes on and off by itself a few times after I turn the car off, and my security light on my dash is on. Any thoughts?

And I was wondering if you guys knew the best way for me to go about fixing a control arm (I think that's what it is called) for the drivers side windshield wiper. Its broken, and it is making my wiper scrape the **** out of my window.

Any help would be awesome guys. Thanx in advance,

Swift
check the voltage at the switch and at the seat motor as well. if it's getting power before the switch but not at the motor there's a good chance you may have a bad switch.

was there ever an after market stereo installed or is there one currently installed? that will explain a lot about the steering wheel controls.

not sure where to start with the dome light, i'd check the door switch first, maybe.

best way to fix a broken wiper arm? replace it.

and like someone asked before, how bad of a wreck was this car in?