Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting Base Line Pressure

Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting Base Line Pressure

Hi guys, I've just finished building a 4l60e and am looking to set the correct line pressure. The car has had an aftermarket memcal fitted which has all of the shift points adjusted, and the line pressure increased. I am unsure how much the pressure was increased as I didn't put a gauge on the old box. I've been reading some threads and a lot of people have said that 230psi is a safe pressure. My question is, under what circumstances is this reading taken? Is the car in "d" at idle, or is this at WOT?

The box is back in the car now and I have access to a gauge but would just like to know what sort of pressures I should be aiming for and how I should be getting these readings. I am willing to pull the pan off a couple of times to adjust the pressure control solenoid but I need a starting point.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel the pressures should be between 210-220 to be safe. I have found that at 230 occasionally they will hit a blow off valve in the pump. I can watch the gauge on our dyno go from minimal pressure to max and go over 230 and then come back down a bit when I snap the pressure. I like to set them just under this to keep the unit from seeing pressure spikes that can harm the unit. Answer to your question is yes they need to be tested at WOT or max line pressure. As far as the pressures in your tune, these will only effect the pressure between min and the max. The max line of the trans can only be changed at the EPC or in the pump. Vince

Search this Thread