Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1Tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1Tech

Whats up everybody!?

This will be my formal Introduction to LS1 Tech to tell everyone about myself, my ride and my plans.

My name is Chris and am new to LS1Tech and fairly new to the Camaro Community. Back home in Texas we were big into the Street Truck Scene. Currently Living in Tampa, Fl after doing my time in the Army as a Infantry Soldier with the 101st Airborne Div. Plans are to go to UTI in Orlando with all my education money.

I recently bought a 1992 25th Anniversary RS Camaro. Teal Green, T-Tops with a 305 of course. All Stock, very straight and quite clean for a 3rd Gen since most of these cars were abused and beat to the ground.

My plans are to Build my own 3rd Generation SS. Picture a 3rd Gen SS as if GM would have built one, with my own mods.

Perfomance and Drivetrain Plans:
LS1 Engine Swap, Performance Exhaust( but no chrome tips for me..lol..just not my style), new rear end, transmission, Brake upgrades including Rear Discs, Suspension and Chassis upgrades for a tighter, smoother and better handleing ride.

Exterior Plans:
Z28 Nose Piece, SS Style Hood, Z28 Areo Spoiler, and 18 in. ZO6 Corvette Rims. Once the LS1 Engine Swap has been done she will get stripped of the RS badges and fitted with 4th Gen. SS Badges. As far as paint, well for the time being the Teal green is in decent shape. Its been re-painted for sure, a up close look will give that away. But i am debating on painting it Black, White or a medium Charcoal. The Charcoal so far is my favorite choice.

Interior Plans:

Quite Simple, new Dash, 4th Gen SS Badge to replace the RS Badge, the new carpet, upholstery and interior plastics will be straight Black once finished. And a decent Audio System with Touch Screen Head Unit.

I should start playing the lottery because this will be one super expensive project. Im not rich so it will take a me a good while to do this. I am going to thank everyone in advance for any advice and tips. if you do have any good links, 3rd Gen knowledge, and LS1 Engine Swap Info for me to read then please do send me a shout.

Thanks for reading!!
Chris

Thats my Ride, all Stock and ready for some TLC!!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome and good luck with the RS, I've always had a soft spot for 3rd Gens. The LS1 swap will really make that car an animal. And you'll find a lot of good info here.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

yep, alotta info here in the conversions section! nice looking car the way it is, welcome!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome man! Can't wait to see this thing done! Should be a beast! I loved the look of my '91 Z28, and was thinking about putting an SS hood on there, but I sold it and bought a '98 SS instead! Haha!

For good information about 3rd Gens, check out thirdgen.org (TGO)
A lot of GREAT info about swaps like you're wanting to do!

GL w/ the build!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome "All the way"
Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Well 1st off, Thankyou for serving and being in the Army. 2nd thing, Welcome to the site. More info here than you'll know what to do with. Enjoy the car, lots of potential in your future.