Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Interior of the 2010 Camaro 6cyl car is beyond cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior of the 2010 Camaro 6cyl car is beyond cheap

I just got home from sitting in this car at the Auto Show. HOLY cheap *** interior batman!! The entire dashboard is made of that shitty flimsy grain plastic. The door panels, console..all cheap, shitty, flimsy plastic crap. The seats were similar to what they have in the base Cobalt too.

They had such a great chance to make this car (the one that will outsell the SS by probably 5-1..if not more) right and they blew it big time.

From all the pictures I saw of the interior, I thought it was going to be the best of the 3 pony cars. NOPE.

I went and sat in the Challenger after it and may as well been getting into an Audi compared to the Camaro.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Well, ive sat in the car as well. And i have to say that you must be very opinionated...ive worked at a Ford dealership and can say for a FACT the camaro interior is nicer, similair materials for the dash, but the seats are WAY better. The challenger actually has seats that are just as nice as the camaro, and better then the mustang. However its dash is so boring and is made of cheap plastic too. I cant take your opinion seriously since I've been in so many mustangs that im sick of them, and have sat in the challenger enough to know that the camaro's interior trumps both of them. All of them basically have the same materials, the challenger and camaro just both have nicer seats, and the camaro has a more original dash, so in my book it wins. Im sorry you expected more than what a 22k car is.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Well, thats what you get for the base model. It still has the 300hp v6 which is what will sell this thing and dont forget the exterior and price. But I have seen a v6 challanger and it looks cheap just from the outside its really big and boring looking. I've seen the interior of a fully optioned Camaro SS at Barrett-Jackson and it wasnt bad at all. Im just happy their making it and be able to see another genation on the road, hopefully its not the last one but only time will tell.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Teching In

I didn't make this post to try and **** people off, or say the Dodge was better. Maybe the SS has a nice interior, but me and my 4 friends that all sat in it thought it was crazy that someone actually signed off on that.

The layout was nice, but the materials used are just absurd for any car you expect someone to make a monthly payment on.

The shifter with that huge ball on it was odd too...it'll take some getting use to.

I tried to like the car....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

I understand were your coming from, it looks like your expectations were a little high for this car and when you saw it you were dissapointed. Hopefully you see the fully optioned model so give you a little better impression. Btw if an interior is the most important thing you look for in a car then probably a camaro or a pony car is the last place to look. Try a cadillac, bmw or mercedes.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Teching In

I work for Mercedes, but I didn't have that great of an expectation. I understand their price points and what not but when you push on the dash and the whole sheet of plastic presses in from one end to the other it kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The car looks great from the exterior and there was a steady line up of people to get into it, so it should sell well. I dont think they will hit 90K units a year like originally projected but still sell between the Challenger (on the low end) and Mustang on the high.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Base model...................................

wait till you sit in a SS
Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Teching In

I forgot that this was a base model he sat in, im not sure how different the materials are. But i sat in a 2SS and i wouldent say I was "overly impressed" I just thought it was more confortable than a mustang, about the same comfort as the challenger, and had a better layout than both of them. Honestly all 3 cars have similiar materials as far as i can tell. they all have hard plastic in them. however where you actually touch the car(doors, steering wheel, and shifter) feels great. But yes most other parts are hard plastic, and i know you notice this when checking out a car but honestly how much to you touch these the dash...or door panels. If they look good thats what matters.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

These cars are aimed at people that like nice looking cruisers for little money so interiors for some people are the least of their worries. But the Mustang sold like hot cakes for years even with a not so nice interior before GM and Dodge realized they were loosing money not offering a car like this and then scrambled to make one. Now that their out the economy is in the *******, so we will have to wait and see if these cars are gonna survive. These cars are cheap for a reason I think they cut back on many items for the pure reason of selling high quantaties not providing quality interiors.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Seems people come from all opinions on the interior of this car. But I should be easy enough to please, the interior of my 4th gen is fine with me generally aside from a few small things here and there
Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 AM
10 Second Club

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 187fl
Well, thats what you get for the base model. It still has the 300hp v6 which is what will sell this thing and dont forget the exterior and price.
Originally Posted by CDBiker220
Well, ive sat in the car as well. And i have to say that you must be very opinionated...
Exactly. People need to go look and see what other $22k cars are offering...I can assure you that it's not 300hp VVT DI V6s with 6 speed transmissions, 4 wheel independent suspensions and styling, quality and fuel economy such as this awesome machine delivers.

Based on some of the biased, anti domestic auto industry/anti GM bullshit I've been hearing from some people for so many years, I'm betting that even if the car had a friggin' Bentley's interior and cost only $15k some people would still find fault with it.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Exactly. People need to go look and see what other $22k cars are offering...I can assure you that it's not 300hp VVT DI V6s with 6 speed transmissions, 4 wheel independent suspensions and styling, quality and fuel economy such as this awesome machine delivers.

Based on some of the biased, anti domestic auto industry/anti GM bullshit I've been hearing from some people for so many years, I'm betting that even if the car had a friggin' Bentley's interior and cost only $15k some people would still find fault with it.
dude you are so right, if you want a "better" interior then buy a caddy, infinit,lexus, etc, if you want that and can afford that, not bashing the original poster personally, but WTF do u want for 22k with 300hp????
i have had an 87 camaro(base, no power anything), loved it in high school, had a 91 rs better interior, 90 fbird, not a bad interiro, 91 TA good interior and now my 00WS6, which i love driving, the materials and lyout for me are fine, i dont mind the plastic in certain areas, and of course fit and finish rattles and vibrations are annoying, but that all goess by by once i am over 60 or have the tops off cruisin. the shame of it is we have the opportunity for a great camaro here and hopefully the economy doesnt screw this up and we can convince people to buy a true poor mans vette so we are buying american muscle to support america. i cant wait and good luk to all the new camaro owners be proud of what weve got even if it is "cheap" lol.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Launching!

You can argue prices and features all you want.
This car has been on hiatus for 8 years. Has it been worth it?
Doesn't GM want to beat the competition or be merely comparable?

I realize the 2010 mustang has tons of plastic on the door panel as well, but the seats and dash seem to be better than the Camaro's.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Teching In

"but the seats and dash seem to be better than the Camaro's."

I hope your kidding. The Camaro's seats are SOO much nicer than the mustangs, I've sat in every model of mustang of every year on a day to day basis at work, and one time in the camaro, and it just blows it away, much more comfortable while still supportive. If you havnt sat in it then hold your judgement till you do, Also the challenger has seats that are far superior to the mustang and on par with the camaro, so if you want a comparison sit in a challenger. However i personally think the camaro dash is nicer than both of them, especially the radio/controls area. Mustang and challengers interior is so boring, atleast the 2010 mustang looks nice..but the challengers still looks like ****, the only nice part is the gauges
Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CDBiker220
"but the seats and dash seem to be better than the Camaro's."

I hope your kidding. The Camaro's seats are SOO much nicer than the mustangs, I've sat in every model of mustang of every year on a day to day basis at work, and one time in the camaro, and it just blows it away, much more comfortable while still supportive. If you havnt sat in it then hold your judgement till you do, Also the challenger has seats that are far superior to the mustang and on par with the camaro, so if you want a comparison sit in a challenger. However i personally think the camaro dash is nicer than both of them, especially the radio/controls area. Mustang and challengers interior is so boring, atleast the 2010 mustang looks nice..but the challengers still looks like ****, the only nice part is the gauges
Have you been in both the 2010 Mustang AND Camaro's?
If you have, I still politely disagree
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
Have you been in both the 2010 Mustang AND Camaro's?
If you have, I still politely disagree
good point, mustang's interior gets an upgrade for 2010
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gee an opinion from a guy with 20 post, who is ragging on the Camaro. Sounds likes a Mustang/Challenger troll

EDIT: No just a Challenger troll, after a simple search, if you check out some of his other post:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?do=process

Originally Posted by Outlaw55
What??
Your entry sucks...Mopar wins..as they always do. live with it..
The camaro is a flop:

You tech guys are the only ones that like it..I hope there are 90K of you a year to fill the GM proposed orders..Meanwhile Mopar only projected 50K sales but has orders for 90K...who knew???
Iam saying everyone wants a piece of M3/3-series sales #'s. GM tried it, but failed..then BMW copied the car that failed and Dodge has hit it on the head. I just hope the New Camaro strikes the same nerve. Feedback much apprciated and I know this sounds blurry..so am I LOL
Are we a little biased there Outlaw55?

Last edited by hc8719; 02-17-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hc8719
Gee an opinion from a guy with 20 post, who is ragging on the Camaro. Sounds likes a Mustang/Challenger troll

EDIT: No just a Challenger troll, after a simple search, if you check out some of his other post:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?do=process

Are we a little biased there Outlaw55?
Classic.

A troll with an agenda, ya gotta love it.

Camaro wins, game over.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know the saying about opinions . . . They are like ??? and we all have one . . .

What the hell is the point to come on a GM Enthusiast site and post something like this? . .
Old 02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

well i will say 1 thing GM (probly just like everyone) is making cars cheaper. Interior is GM's weakest point i have an 06 HHR Spring Edition with 37k on it and the interior in my 95t/a is in better shape. my 05 cobalt had the same lotto scratch off trim as my hhr has. dash is peeling and so on.....I will still buy the camaro ss when it comes out because it will be a bad *** car. the interior might fall apartjust like alot of GM cars but it will still kick ***

Quick Reply: Interior of the 2010 Camaro 6cyl car is beyond cheap