General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ok, got a bilinker issue for ya....... also need a part #

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, got a bilinker issue for ya....... also need a part #

Both front blinkers stopped working at the same time.... but when I turned the fog lights on the front blinkers would not blink but turn on.

Not the fuse, bulbs are correct dual filament so I figured it was the flasher. I replaced it. Now only the front right blinker (along with rear) works and there in no audible clicking when engaged.

My only guess left was i replaced it with the wrong one. The one I put in there is a different number (5 something) and no yellow stripes. the dude at auto zone said that what I had was an old part and the numbers have been changed since then. and their is only one connection that will fit that part.

Now i have only one side of my car working

Anybody got the part number for the flasher?

Getting really tired of these front blinkers, been fighting them for a year now. Time to trade up.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody know anything
Old 02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Teching In

My driver front blink bulb was inop too. After taking a closer look I found a radiator hose in the area above the blinker bulb had a slow leak that would short out my bulb when it found it's way down in there. I slid the hose properly back on and tightened the clamp, and that fixed my blinker bulb problem. Hope this helps, this was on my '98 Trans Am btw.