Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Formula vs 65-67 impala

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Formula vs 65-67 impala

Formula: 3600 stall 4.10's Full bolt ons weighs prolly 3300 with me in it.

Impala: 383 afr heads, good size cam, Some kind of Huge rise double carb intake and that tunnel ram thing that goes on top sticking out the hood. Also had built trans with a 3500 stall. (excuse my ignorance toward SBC stuff)

He hit 4th just after i let out at the very top of third so considering i have a stock limiter i would assume overall gearing is very similar or in his favor.

2 races both from a dig.

Race one- He gets me out of the hole by about half a car walks slowly away till 110. We shut down him ahead by a full car

After a little warming I was a little crooked so that gave me a kinda of a bad launch.

Race two- Both spin a little more this time i get the out by about a car + fender. He slowly pulls till we shut down 125 with me ahead by 3/4 car.

Guy was very impressed with the car. Both were very fun races. Glad to finally get a close one. Lock up switch and my 'sux2bu' style intake are getting hooked up this week. Might have to yell at him for a before and after race.

His car btw is flat black with a white top on the cragar style wheels. Its a sick looking car. One of my favorites in town. And he is thinking of putting the 6-71 on it. I think for that rematch ill need to give my baby the bottle.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

nice those things are friggin tanks! he needs every bit of the TQ that 383 has to get it movin i bet haha.

good win/loss! honorable to post it up too
Old 02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh ya he threw out about 4500. It didnt look like it had any real ac,ps,heat or anything full interior tho.

Ill post up all the good races. Wins and losses.

Oh i got my run with the c5z but neither were clean so ill post up rematch results.