Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

volant installed but got a temperature prob

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volant installed but got a temperature prob

I just got my volant installed today on my 1998 Trans am ws7( yes i got a ws6 hood). Problem is that the end of the plastic filter didnt fit to the maf just right. had a hard time attempting to get that bitch in there. so instead of sending it back and waiting like a bitch for another week to 2 weeks for another one to come i took the bellow off of the throttle body cut that in half. stuck one end on the tb and clamped it down as tight as possible and the other on the end of the maf and connected it to the end of the plastic piece opposite of the filters. took it down the road and punched it a few times and then brought it home where it sat for a good 30 minutes. after that got in it and took it to work which is about a 10 minute drive at most. I noticed that heat temp gauge went up drastically as it was about 42 degrees out side and the gauge read about 5/8 hot. my ta never did that before. would u think that the bellow mod is causing that or something else? Have u guys had a temp increase without the mod i did? or was it fine?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't sound like what you did should've caused that. You didn't do anything to block air going over your radiator ?? I am stumped. Somone will chime in.

Did the car drive any different with the Volant ??
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't see how the volant install would effect your engine temp...

here's a lot of info on my install... PICS/Video.... click here
Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ Good assist ^^^
Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Yea Soul TKR. you're right on that one. Did some research on its air delivery and Im kinda sure that its the pcm dumping more fuel due to an increased amount of air from the intake, cause i did go from a stock lid to the volant.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Almost forgot....allngn c5. anwser to your question... yea i got it on and took it down the road a little bit and then slammed it a few times ha. got it back and let it sit for about 30 minutes. then drove it conservativley for 10 mins.