Automotive News, Media & Press - PT Going Away

View Full Version : PT Going Away

Jakes Dad
02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Chrysler says they won't make PT's any longer. I wonder how long Chevrolet will make the HHR?

I see nothing wrong with dropping or ending Saturn. Sell it to the damn dealers. Saab makes flying machines. Hummer is nothing more than a box on a 2500 platform. So, since the little H goes away also why not let the Colorado go? The small H in on the Colorado platform. In my opinion they screwed that up, the Colorado, when they put a 5 cylinder in it. Chevrolet already made a 4.8 V8. Gets the same or better MPG. More hp, torque, the same MPG why cast a new 4 and 5 cylinder?:engarde:

Jakes Dad

88blackgt
02-18-2009, 03:08 PM
because the 5 cylinder was sourced from isuzu and probably cheaper

maddboost
02-18-2009, 03:14 PM
They wont stop selling the HHR anytime soon they are very popular for smaller commercial vehicles.

mzoomora
02-18-2009, 04:28 PM
because the 5 cylinder was sourced from isuzu and probably cheaper

I pretty sure that the 5 cylinder is a version of the I6 that the Trailblazers debuted.

Either way, not a great idea that people relate to marketing wise.

unit213
02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I see nothing wrong with dropping or ending Saturn. Hummer is nothing more than a box on a 2500 platform.

Right...tell me that when Saturn and Hummer represent millions and millions
of dollars worth of your business, which is how Saturn and Hummer going away would affect me.

caseypayne69
02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
They wont stop selling the HHR anytime soon they are very popular for smaller commercial vehicles.

I rented an HHR. At first you like it, and then that wore off. Its rear view sucks, it has a noisy cabin and its ride quality well its no 09 Focus thats for sure in that area. My mom has an 09 Ford Focus and I gotta say its solid. My sister-in-law has a 07 Pontiac G5, and its cabin is sick, but the Focus beats it in all areas even cabin.

TriShield
02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
They already announced the PT Cruiser would end production a long time ago.

Jakes Dad
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
A rental car is generally a piece of junk. Low end no options basic transportation.

Here is why I think the HHR will go away.

My 2008 26K miles LS $11,986.00 no interest. I've got over 13K in it..

Jakes Dad

LS1LT1
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
In my opinion they screwed that up, the Colorado, when they put a 5 cylinder in it. Chevrolet already made a 4.8 V8. Gets the same or better MPG. More hp, torque, the same MPG why cast a new 4 and 5 cylinder?:engarde:Well let's not forget, they do have that awesome little 5.3L V8 option in them now as well.
That's got to be a potent little truck. :burn:

I pretty sure that the 5 cylinder is a version of the I6 that the Trailblazers debuted.:werd: :thinker: That's what I'd thought as well.