Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Howdy

Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Howdy

I bought a 2000 Firebird a few weeks ago. I've been hanging on a different board and someone mentioned this board.

I've already begun my modding.

I bought some Kook LT's uncoated, OR y pipe and Hooker catbacks,

I got some MSD wires and NGK TR 55

SLP Strut Tower Brace and a Volant and a car cover which I hope come early cause it is going to snow.

I just pulled the original y pipe off and stock catback not the headers have to come off.

My name is Kevin, I live in southern Maine near Kittery for those of you who know Maine. (Please don't blame me for our screwed up turn coat Senators, I did all I could but their sell outs)

BTW I'm a T12 Paraplegic. Meaning I have feeling from the low waist down. It doesn't slow this cripple down though. If I could put a blower on my wheelchair, I would. LOL

My last car was an 05 Impala SS and before that I built an 03 Paxton blown Mustang, I know it's a Ford, I had a few years of weakness but it was fun putting the Camaro SS and WS6's in their place. They always had kind of a perplexed look on their face when I beat em, like WTF? Anyway I love to drag race. I try to keep most of it at the drag strip and off the street but I have a weakness every once and a while to put someone in their place, especially those silly ricers with their chainsaw engines and 5" tail pipes and I can't forget the stickers they have that add another 50+ hp to their cars.

My plan is to eventually turn low 11's with my Firebird. I know kind of high expectations but I didn't buy the car to be just another mediocre 13 second LS1. I bought it to build a streetable 11 second FBird.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

welcome to the site (I too come from a ford background but shhhhhhh)
lots of great info here.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Haha Blower on a wheel chair. I'm gonna look it up to see if its been done yet.
Welcome BTW
Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome! The Chevy engines are well capable of running 11's all motor. Invest in a good heads/cam package and a rear-end and you are set!

M6 or automatic?

Should've probably got coated due to the snow... My baby doesn't see the snow but welcome and I wish you the BEST of luck with your builds. They are very capable engines with a lot of potential!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:38 AM

My baby won't see the snow. She'll be under wraps in the winter. Too much salt on the roads.

I was looking at some AFR heads, anyone else here tried em. I have had good experiance with their heads on a 350 build up.

BTW A4

Cant drive manual due to the paraplegia unless I spend a fortune on the hand controls. For drag racing purposes though I've always felt that autos were more predictable anyways. Manuals are just more fun to drive, I miss driving them.

Search this Thread