Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Nasty Stage 3 street kit fuel system....

Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nasty Stage 3 street kit fuel system....

ok im wondering how to go about doing this....reason im buying the kit is well i need to upgrade for my new nitrous kit and will be spraying 150 for this year. next year i plan on going to a turbo set up so i might as well spend the money once and do it right.

anyways my question is how should i go about using this fuelsystem on nitrous? it is a return style system and also designed to be boost referenced. since i will be spraying this year i was thinking about wireing the second pump to turn on when i arm the nitrous that way more than enough fuel pressure will be given. should i still use this sytem as a return style system? or should i just have it returnless? is there such a thing as too much pressure at the rails? i really need a fuel system for 700HP and this specific kit is for 1000+RWHP and like i said i will be goin turbo next year so i might as well buy this system off the bat.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have roughly 600rwhp or less on the motor, you can run a single pump & arm the second pump when you arm the nitrous system. This will prevent overheating the fuel by circulating it at such a high volume during low demands when driving normally. I build the wiring harnesses this way for nitrous applications.

If your motor is over this limit, I would recommend an RPM & throttle based switch. Example (4000rpm & full throttle combined) This way the pump is not constantly cycling as you go through the gears at part throttle or below an rpm that you do not need the second pump to operate.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ya i was planning on wiring the second pump to my nitrous arming switch. now what about the return system? should i keep it and set it up as return or make it returnless? what is the point of it being return style? is it to keep pressure off the rails? im kind of a nooB in the fuel department but how is a return style set up? if i have my system set up with the 2nd pump wired to my arming switch and then when the nitrous hits will i loose too much pressure in the rails because it is return stye? or is there some sort of regulator that only lets a set amount of pressure back into the tank? i dot want to spray and run out of fuel pressure im using a wet kit.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Al camaro fuel systems are return style, but they differ from where they return the fuel.

Factory seups return to the regulator after the filter & can only compensate for filter pressure drop. High fuel flows will result in a pressure drop at the engine that will not be corrected for by the regulator.

Running a regulator at the rails will allow the pressure to be correctly regulated at the engine. This is better for a big nitrous hit as it will quickly correct for the additional fuel flow. If you are buying a Nasty Stage3 kit or one of my systems, they come with a front mount regulator that attaches to the rails.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Al camaro fuel systems are return style, but they differ from where they return the fuel.

Factory seups return to the regulator after the filter & can only compensate for filter pressure drop. High fuel flows will result in a pressure drop at the engine that will not be corrected for by the regulator.

Running a regulator at the rails will allow the pressure to be correctly regulated at the engine. This is better for a big nitrous hit as it will quickly correct for the additional fuel flow. If you are buying a Nasty Stage3 kit or one of my systems, they come with a front mount regulator that attaches to the rails.
This is how I set mine up and its great!
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f.../APs%20Engine/

Search this Thread