PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First day tuning with diablo suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First day tuning with diablo suggestions?

Ok I installed my diablo tuner today Installed it on my car and drove it around for a bit the first thing I noticed was when I go to the the live data diagnostics I noticed that the spark reading was reading 20-21 at idle with no load when I rev the car up it jumps to around 40.9 at 3k rpms but no KR was showing up isnt that to much timing? BTW
the stock tune was running just about the same timing Is that 40.9 degrees advance or do you subtrac some type of base timing from it?

The next thing I noticed was my #1 bank one 02 sensor was jumping for 80 to around 750mv while the bank one #2 sensor stayed steady at around 805-810mv at idle way would the first one jump so much there are no fault codes for my 02 sensors

The last thing that seemed weird was I went cruising at around 60mph at 2k rpms and my ltft where jumping from to much to really get any kind of good reading I had only driven it for around 20 mins so that could be the cause is that normal?

Last edited by mtuggle86; 02-18-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

As long as you're getting no KR than I wouldn't worry about the timing.

As far as the 02 don't put too much stock into the narrowbands. But I had the same problem with my old engine-could be an 02 about to take a crap, or one bank running richer/leaner than the other side. I have read that ideally you want to be between .880-90 so you are running a tad lean.

What percentage change are you seeing with your LTFT? Your LTFT are changed based off of an excess change in your STFT (over 10% I think). Ideally you want between +5%-5% as you want your computer to compensate as little as possible.

All in all I wouldn't be too worried about it-just shows your tune needs a little tweaking but I am by no means an expert. I would like to see Frost, or Fox in here to see what they say.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I went driving tonight I cruised for about 45 mins at 2k rpms at around 60mph my ltft where staying steady at +7.81 also I did at 3rd gear pull at WOT after I got the ltfts and I had no KR and my 02s where reading mid to high 800s I went to adjust the injector slope and I dont have anything to adjust it with all i See is PE I have a SLP7196 with revision 2.02 will 2.02 adjust injector slope? if not how do I adjust them do I use PE and just worry about WOT?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if you select the same tune you installed before, then select Modify Tune, you will get a list of parameters...

if you scroll down the list, do you have a parameter for Fuel Injector??

if you do, then select that, and then you will get a sub-menu that has injector slope...

if you don't have that option, it's because revision 2.02 is too old... you'd need to send it in to diablosport to get it updated, then you will have all of the latest adjustments available...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill double check but I didnt see it is getting the ltft dialed in perfect worth sending it in and paying the update fee?

Last edited by mtuggle86; 02-18-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya its not on there sucks I can only add 5 percent PE also it wont let me advance any spark ether only retard it not sure what thats about but Im gonna send it in for a hardware update
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, do the upgrade, it will be well worth the $99.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mtuggle86
...The next thing I noticed was my #1 bank one 02 sensor was jumping for 80 to around 750mv (this is normal) while the bank one #2 sensor stayed steady at around 805-810mv (this is not normal, looks like there may be issues) at idle way would the first one jump so much there are no fault codes for my 02 sensors (at this point there may not be any codes set)
The least expensive way to check is to swap sensors. If the static behavior follows the sensor, it is on its way out.
NB O2s should not be used for tuning, but they most certainly should be jumping around at idle.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike I just order a new predator from maryland speed Ill throw this one on ebay after I unlock it the new one will already have the hardware update on it correct? thx for the help btw
Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, the one you just bought will already be the new versions of the predator, so you'll have all the latest and greatest options and features available for that model...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: First day tuning with diablo suggestions?