Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with L Trims

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help with L Trims

My L Trims seem to be a little strange. I was Autotaping the other day and at normal cruise and my l trims were at about -5 to -10 and when I push the throttle past about 25% they go positive (+7) then go back negative when I get under 25% throttle. This is just normal cruise=ing and doesn't make much sence to me. I have a MAFT that i am wanting to start tuning with but want to get this figured out first. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Please help with L Trims

anyone?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Please help with L Trims

Have you ported your maf? Or put aftermarket maf end on it? I see you have a maft, when I have my base tuned I get almost the same thing. Just a little negative then when you get in to the gas they go lean. You will also see this on a stock car but only a few points like -2 to +2. I have found that a stock unported maf with the screen seems to do very well for the car; the computer can adjust very well with it even with mod's.

seems like our cars are very close in terms of mod's I ran an 8.8 in the 8th @ 81 or 82mph almost bone stock with street tire's, with the install of LT's I ran an 8.6 @ 84.5mph with 2.0/2.1 60's mine is also a 98. My problem is knock retard would you happen to have knock? If not what’s your timing at WOT? Seems like most 98 have knock.