General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Crank No Start!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Crank No Start!!!!

Well I have been having a itermittent issue with my SS doing a crank no start. I have a fuel pressure gauge and it reads about 58psi while cranking and doesnt drop so fuel is outta the question. The car doesnt show a check engine light eaither. I was wondering if it could be the Crank position sensor. Also is it possibly a leaky injector?? Is there a way to test for it?? How tough is it to replace?? Where on the block is it located?? The car is a 2000 SS Camaro M6. Thanks...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to check for spark before you do anything

if you are getting no spark from the coils, it could be the CPS
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crank sensor is right above your starter.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

had that issues when I first bought the car..Well after many dealships and changing the lock cylinder/new keys that did not solve it, it ended up being a $8 ignition relay..Swapped it out and all was good...5 years later get no start nothing,no cranking at all..It ended up being a starter relay..So before you do anything drastic try putting in a new ignition relay and see what happens
Old 02-19-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john563
had that issues when I first bought the car..Well after many dealships and changing the lock cylinder/new keys that did not solve it, it ended up being a $8 ignition relay..Swapped it out and all was good...5 years later get no start nothing,no cranking at all..It ended up being a starter relay..So before you do anything drastic try putting in a new ignition relay and see what happens
Diag your problem before you start throwing parts at it or it will end up being expensive. If you have a fuel pressure gauge on it already then you can check for a leaking injector by turning the key on then off. Wait about 2 min and see if the pressure drops right off. if it holds then no leaks. CKP sensor can cause a no start and you will have no spark or injector pulse. check spark first its easyest. cam sensor will give you a long crank and start after 15 sec of cranking but it will run. course it will set a light as well. check IGN fuses. If one is blown then no PCM communication. try easy stuff before tossing parts at it. JMHO
Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

cool. Thanks guys, I will try some of these things when I get the car back from the shop. There going to take a look at it for me and see if they can find anything.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jfg455
Diag your problem before you start throwing parts at it or it will end up being expensive. If you have a fuel pressure gauge on it already then you can check for a leaking injector by turning the key on then off. Wait about 2 min and see if the pressure drops right off. if it holds then no leaks. CKP sensor can cause a no start and you will have no spark or injector pulse. check spark first its easyest. cam sensor will give you a long crank and start after 15 sec of cranking but it will run. course it will set a light as well. check IGN fuses. If one is blown then no PCM communication. try easy stuff before tossing parts at it. JMHO
relay was just a suggestion as it worked for me and at $8 its not to bad of a price to gamble with..But yes I agree with you at not throwing parts as one shop did (lock cylinder/keys) which were costly I ended up chancing it was an ignition relay I bought for $8 which did the trick
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

crank sensor is right above your starter