General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

random problem, need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default random problem, need help!!

ok i was leaving work today and when i started my car it didnt have that initial powerful startup(just kinda started running), then it idled between 500 and 1000 rpms but wouldnt die.. drove home fine but along the way anytime i would press in the clutch it would drop to 500 rpms then up to 1000 then fluctuate, the second i pulled into my driveway it idled fine with no problems.. it sat for about 30 minutes then i drove it about 20 miles no probs, sat for an hour, then as i was leaving it started perfect, as i was pulling out of the parking lot it started the rpm fluctuating again so on the drive im holding a consistent 70 mph and it just dies then starts back up cause its m6(this time the clock reset as if i took the batt connection loose) then when i pull up into my driveway it starts idling normal.. so i checked the battery and everything was tight and tied down.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks CAR- 01 trans am ws6, 50k miles, m6 RECENT CHANGES- new alt(had bad regulator), new battery(everstart), gutted cats(no warning lights), JET skip shift eliminator... after gutting the cats i ran the car just up to 130 and when i stopped my oil pressure sat at like 20 so i shut the car off for an hour and it went back to normal but occasionally drops a lil below 40 ALL THIS OCCURED WITHIN THE LAST WEEK
Old 02-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Default random problem, need help!!!

ok nevermind figured out the problem.. the new battery had a bad cell which was causing the dying, and pulling into my bumpy drive way was shaking the battery enough to let it charge again..
Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
wrencher

Got to love those wal-mart batteries !!!!