LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Don't Help LS4SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Help LS4SPEED

I don't know if this is the proper forum to post this in but I felt this needed to be shared with everyone on this forum. This is a copy of a series of PM's that were exchanged between me and LS4SPEED. The last PM he sent me shows the kind of person he is.

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Originally Posted by La06GXP
Hey there, I seen your post over on clubgp about the resistor to eliminate the CEL. Did you do this for your car? I also have the Hogan cat pipe and am getting the P0420 code. Just wondering if this was you and if you actually tried it and if it worked? Thanks.
Yes, I did this to my car the day that I installed my Hogan DP. It has never thrown a code. It is an easy mod to do. Just remember that you still have to have the O2 sensor connected and installed in the down pipe.

I used to have an 04 Impala that I also did this to and it also never threw a code.

Wow that's awesome. When did you install the resistor? was it after the pipe was installed and you had gotten a code? Or did you just do it the same time you installed the pipe? The reason I ask is that it appears that some cars will throw a code with the new pipe and some won't. I just don't want to cut into my wiring harness if it might not work. Thanks again.
I installed the resistor the same day I installed the pipe, so no I never got a code. It should work. Essentially what you are doing is changing the voltage that is coming from the O2 sensor. By using the resistor, it will change the voltage into the range that shows the cat operating normally. It is worth a try. What I recommend is using a certain type of connector for the connection. You can go to Autozone or Wal-mart to get them. It is a wire tap connector that cuts the insulation and contacts the wire inside when it is snapped on. You need two of these. You then just connect the taps to the ends of the resistor and tuck the wiring harness back under the shield. Here is a link to the type of connector I am talking about: http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...91&eventPage=1

Hope this helps.

What is the wattage of resistor that was used?
Here is the link to the mod write-up: http://www.oqcgp.com/upgrades/o2spoof/o2spoof.php

The resistors are 100K Ohm.
Right, but 100 ohm resisters come in may different wattage's, Ive found at the local Radio Shack, 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt, 1 watt, so I was wondering if you knew what watt of 100 ohm resister you used?
Hey man, finally got the right resistor, what color wires did you tap into?
Connect the BLACK with NO STRIPE wire to the PURPLE with WHITE STRIPE wire. The wires will look similar to each other so make sure to pay close attention. Hope this helps.

Sorry, either your color blind or you haven't done this this mod!!

If you did this mod you would know that our cars do not have these these colors in the oxygen sensor circuit! Guess I shoulda asked a real tech person instead of a wanta be *******, thanks for nothin jerk!
Oh and in case you decide you think you can figure out what you want me to believe, your screwed, and I will let everyone know your a phony!!!!!! Thanks again for nothing! And **** you!!! *******!!!!!!!!!!1
This is the response I sent him:

"First off, I was trying to help you. I have an 2006 Pontiac GXP. I don't know if your wiring is the same as mine. It may not be. I don't know if it is or not. Also, are you looking at the color of the wires on between the oxygen sensor and the connector or on the wiring harness of the car? On my car, the wiring is as I told you. I have been nothing but polite and have answered every PM you have sent me and every question you have asked me. What the hell is your problem? So you feel the need to cuss me out. Shows a lot of class buddy."
Old 02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol @ LS4SPEED. Bipolar maybe?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, that was shady.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Holy ****!!! I'm w/Centex, bipolar.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Seems like a verrrryyy Impatient person.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you shouldn't tell people incorrect info! There are four wires on our O2 Sensors and in our O2 sensor circuit. I asked specifically if you did this mod. and you replied YES. But after further investigation, I found that your information was incorrect. And as I see it, you should not lie to a fellow car guy, just to make it look like you are smarter than you appear. I went into this venture trying to make good on the CEL issue and expected a real answer. All you did is blow smoke and hide behind a post in a thread that was inaccurate for our vehicles. Thats all I'm saying! Maybe next time you will be truthful, and not talk out of your ***! Hope this guy didn't give anyone else any help, cause we don't need help like this!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go home!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I was reading along, getting the dialogue, there were no apparent problems then BOOM ANGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Angry from intentional incorrect info!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Grow up dude. Ever stop and think his wires on a GP might be different than your MC? And if it was wrong, you asked him, and he answered to the best of his knowledge. He didn't even have to bother replying to you. He gave you info from goodwill trying to help your sorry ***.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call me a bad guy, but I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO BE SCREWED BY THIS PERSON, he intentionally put out bad info and I cought him on it, that's all, Ive heard bad things about this person, deleting threads and all, but I figured Id give him a try to redeem himself and he failed. Please don't talk him seriously, you may mess up your car.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Just got this response from LS4SPEED:

Hey man, finally got the right resistor, what color wires did you tap into?
Connect the BLACK with NO STRIPE wire to the PURPLE with WHITE STRIPE wire. The wires will look similar to each other so make sure to pay close attention. Hope this helps.

Sorry, either your color blind or you haven't done this this mod!!

If you did this mod you would know that our cars do not have these these colors in the oxygen sensor circuit! Guess I shoulda asked a real tech person instead of a wanta be *******, thanks for nothin jerk!
Oh and in case you decide you think you can figure out what you want me to believe, your screwed, and I will let everyone know your a phony!!!!!! Thanks again for nothing! And **** you!!! *******!!!!!!!!!!1
First off, I was trying to help you. I have an 2006 Pontiac GXP. I don't know if your wiring is the same as mine. It may not be. I don't know if it is or not. Also, are you looking at the color of the wires on between the oxygen sensor and the connector or on the wiring harness of the car? On my car, the wiring is as I told you. I have been nothing but polite and have answered every PM you have sent me and evry question you have asked me. What the hell is your problem? So you feel the need to cuss me out. Shows a lot of class buddy.

You are correct. but you intentionally steered me in the wrong direction, that is bull ****, that's why I'm pissed! I went to do this mod, with all good intentions in mind, got down to finding the correct wires, and wallah no black wire! After researching more, there is no black wire in the circuit in the 05+ GM o2 Sensor cars. So yes either your color bind or you intentionally steered a fellow car guy in the wrong direction. Thanks again!
Look. I installed this on my car 3 years ago. As I remember, this is the color of the wires. Maybe I am wrong. You did not need to cuss me out. I did not try to mislead you. All you had to do was to message me and explain your problem and I would have tried to help you. I was willing to crawl back under my car and fish out the wiring to check for sure. I am still willing to help you. What color wires do you have in the wiring going to the the connector for the O2 sensor? What you are trying to do is connect the ground wire with the signal wire using the resistor. The ground may be a White wire. But the signal wire should still be a purple with whit stripe wire. Just show a little bit of patience man. I've got nothing invested in this except my on time spent trying to help you.
He didn't cuss this time but is still very childish.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, you're just making yourself look more like an ***.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Call me a bad guy, but I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO BE SCREWED BY THIS PERSON, he intentionally put out bad info and I cought him on it, that's all, Ive heard bad things about this person, deleting threads and all, but I figured Id give him a try to redeem himself and he failed. Please don't talk him seriously, you may mess up your car.
Wow, that's classic. Your PM's to me speak for themselves. And by the way, how do I delete threads? I am not a moderator. And what have you heard that is bad about me? You don't even know me. You really need to stop making things up. And I'll be happy to take pictures of what I did to my car to prove it works. And if I am wrong about the color of the wires, then I apologize. I would have tried to help LS4SPEED figure it out if he wouldn't have been such a classless person.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW, that's all I can say! Just beware of this person!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I verified both harnesses before I left a message! Im done with this, go ahead La06GXP make me look bad, but at least I don't lye and put out bad info for people to fallow.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

what the **** ever. how you gonna have a bitch fight when you both knew you were working on 2 different cars. yes.. pontiacs and chevys are different. chalk it up to bad day and be done with it. cuz no one really cares.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, as I never want to accidently give info that was misunderstood or incorrect, I hereby pledge to NEVER give LS4SPEED any answers to any questions he asks, no matter how sure I am of the correct answer. I know he will appreciate me not risking the small chance that helping him might actually be an inconvenience to him instead. I am sure, once we all take the pledge that he will actually do his own research and experimentation instead of relying on *******'s like us. I would like to thank him for showing me the error of my ways.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My e-dick is big,

Yeah well my e-dick is bigger,

No its not mine is the biggest.

Yeah well mine is the biggest to infinity!!!!!

Hey LS4Speed its not a plus didn't you sell your car and buy a new GT-R???

If so get the hell out, guy was trying to help if he gave you wrong info who cares. Grow up and get over it.....god I wish I was a mod.... and
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
My e-dick is big,

Yeah well my e-dick is bigger,

No its not mine is the biggest.

Yeah well mine is the biggest to infinity!!!!!

Hey LS4Speed its not a plus didn't you sell your car and buy a new GT-R???

If so get the hell out, guy was trying to help if he gave you wrong info who cares. Grow up and get over it.....god I wish I was a mod.... and