Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2002 WS6 Noise... more

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 WS6 Noise... more

Last night was cruising around town car has 44k miles automatic never been really hard on it. a few 0-60 or 70 to clean the cobwebs out but no burnouts etc etc. Head out on the interstate to take her home last night and when i get to 70 i punch it and take it to about 130 and everything goes great. I brake sort of hard but nothing like locking up the tires or anything. i take the exit and notice from 25-5 mph a weird dragging/grinding noise. its was incredibly windy out last night 30-40 mph so i thought maybe it was dragging something. Nothing hanging from the car... notice in drive and reverse its still making this clattering/dragging noise but it disapears after around 20 mph. i did a brake stand and burned out to see if i could hear the noise and it wasnt there at all... went home and parked in garage and im afraid to look at it and thats why i am here. any ideas folks? could a pad have locked up under heat and then released after it sat for a while? afraid i messed up the rear end i know they are soft but 44k miles and new gear fluid 2k miles ago and its full?... freaking out lol help!