Racer's Lounge - So I drove a Vette yesterday..

View Full Version : So I drove a Vette yesterday..

the_merv
02-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I hadn't driven one in a while, like a few years, so it was nice to get the chance to. It was a C5 Vert, 6spd, stock. It had just got a new Clutch in it so I took it out to feel out the Clutch and make sure everything was good. It was smooth..I didn't really dig into it, just let it run through the Gears easily, just a nice easy drive. Pretty much it gave me a base line to compare what my Camaro will be like when I get the T56 in it..:D

I will say this though..after watching the amount of crap it took to go through to install the Clutch in it and some of the other things that I would have liked to do to a Vette if I had one, I would never own one. I like to tinker with things, and that is definatley not a car to tinker with..it gets expensive quick and it's a pain in the ass..:barf:

GMmexican
02-22-2009, 01:59 PM
You get used to.....some of the things like heads/cam install's are pretty much the same as with our cars, changing that clutch in the trans axle is usually an entire weekend for me though.

H4WT LS1
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
You take the good with the bad on Y-bodies. I must say even though they are expensive to mod/repair, I get a happy feeling shifting gears on the highway that makes it all worth it.