Sponsored by:

Koni shocks on front????

Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni shocks on front????

Anyone running Koni shocks??
Car is a 97 WS6 auto
I drive on the street most of the time but spend some time on the track as well. I was wanting to keep a shock that is good on the street but still can let the car leave good at the track. I have koni SA on the rear and Strano springs. I was also wondering if running a DA Koni on the front would be better then a single adjustable.
I am not looking for a 9 second car here its still stock motor with bolt on stuff so far. Car runs 13.5 currently in the quarter.

Basically just wanting something that handles good but will help me launch the car at the track when I am there. I do not want to go with a full out race set up yet as I drive the car on the street and like to be able to corner good as some of the roads around here are twisty and fun the drive on.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

If you're not planning on making it an all out racecar I would just get the Koni SAs for the front. I have them on my car and I cut a 1.69 60'. They are great street/strip shocks.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Are you able to get the front of the car to rise up on the springs a bit and transfer weight to the rear of the car. I dont have a ton of power yet and am an auto but I get no weight transfer at all the nose doesnt rise when I launch it at the track dead hooking on drag radials. Currently the front has the junk decarbons and some crappy lowering springs.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

I'm running konis with stock springs and yes my car transfers weight pretty well with the konis. You have to keep in mind that the konis won't transfer weight as well as QA1s or other drag shocks, but they are an excellent all around shock. If your looking for a shock that will handle well on the street and through twisties, and that will also perform well at the track then konis are a good choice. If you do end up buying them I would also recommend spending a little more and getting the 4/4s so you can adjust the rears on the car.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Koni SAs with stock springs all around and the car corners great! The ride is just a wee bit stiffer. But for drag racing I would be considering QA1s or Strange shocks.

Search this Thread