LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone with QTP Stainless Cutout step in.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with QTP Stainless Cutout step in.....

OK so this is a weird question and I kinda need to know soon.....

I need to know the overall length of the QTP stainless cutout, not the motor, but the actual cutout.

I was going to order one from Summit, but need to know the length. Summit could not tell me and said I should call QTP tomorrow, but I want to order the cutout tonight so I can overnight it and get it tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated guys.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What does the length matter? You're going to have to cut the exhaust and weld it in. It's something you can do when you get it.

Unless I'm missing something.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe the length of the cut-out is close to 18" not positive though,why would this be any issue at all a section of your I-pipe will be removed and the cut-out will be placed in that spot...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
OK so this is a weird question and I kinda need to know soon.....

I need to know the overall length of the QTP stainless cutout, not the motor, but the actual cutout.

I was going to order one from Summit, but need to know the length. Summit could not tell me and said I should call QTP tomorrow, but I want to order the cutout tonight so I can overnight it and get it tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated guys.
I just happen to have one sitting here I'm returning to Summit. It is exactly 12 inches long.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned

Are you going with an electric cut out? If so, look into DMH.
http://www.dmhperformance.com/
Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
What does the length matter? You're going to have to cut the exhaust and weld it in. It's something you can do when you get it.

Unless I'm missing something.
Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
i believe the length of the cut-out is close to 18" not positive though,why would this be any issue at all a section of your I-pipe will be removed and the cut-out will be placed in that spot...
Sorry guys, I should have explained a little more. I just got some LPP longtubes installed on my car. The Y pipe is reduced to slip into a 3" pipe. Well when I had the last cutouts welded in, the D bag who did them welded the Y pipe to the I pipe and threw away my band clamp that I had on there. So to get my old headers and y pipe off I had to cut the y pipe off the I pipe AHEAD of where the weld was. So there is still a small 3 inch piece that is welded on the I pipe. Right now the I pipe and the Y pipe are BARELY touching and there is no way I could get them to mate up without splicing in a piece of pipe. Well instead of splicing in a piece of pipe I am just going to put a cutout in that place.

So I just wanted to know how long it was so I could know how much to cut off the I pipe. Make sense?

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
I just happen to have one sitting here I'm returning to Summit. It is exactly 12 inches long.
Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Are you going with an electric cut out? If so, look into DMH.
http://www.dmhperformance.com/
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am going to go ahead and go with that one then. And yes, I am actually going to order two DMH cutouts, one for me and one for my buddy.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned

No worries man. I've got a DMH electric and it's sick!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah I really like the compact style of it and how adjustable it is to mount. My buddy is doing a cam and stall soon and he is going to put one back in his Adjustable Borla.