Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What center section?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What center section?

I've been working with a local shop on getting a Moser 9inch built up. So far I'm going with the Moser housing, 31 spline axles, Detroit Tru Trac, 4.11 gears, and a regular used cast iron center section.

I was curious if I should just dish out the extra dough for a Nodular unit, or Aluminum piece. What do you guys recommend, and what are the benefits? How much do these cost?

He told me that the Nodular one had larger bearings, thats the only thing I know about it.

My car currently runs mid 13's, and I'm making under 350HP. I don't plan on having anything faster than low 12's for a few more years.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transampimp
I've been working with a local shop on getting a Moser 9inch built up. So far I'm going with the Moser housing, 31 spline axles, Detroit Tru Trac, 4.11 gears, and a regular used cast iron center section.

I was curious if I should just dish out the extra dough for a Nodular unit, or Aluminum piece. What do you guys recommend, and what are the benefits? How much do these cost?

He told me that the Nodular one had larger bearings, thats the only thing I know about it.

My car currently runs mid 13's, and I'm making under 350HP. I don't plan on having anything faster than low 12's for a few more years.
If you want to make sure you wont have problems then fo with a Strange Nodular Iron Street Case.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Strange "S" case is rated to 800hp. Should be plenty for most street/strip cars and is the case I chose to go with. You can always upgrade later if needed.

Mike