Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about cams?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about cams?

Howdy all, I've had my car (2001 z28) for about a year and a half now, and basically done nothing in mods to it (other then the SLP CAI, and a catback exhaust.) Well now im thinking that its time to change that. My goal is around the 400hp area, and im thinking that cams are the way to go.
So the questions i have: What are the other mods i need to do before/during the cam swap...Im guessing the valve springs are a must, but there's probably gotta be more then that, right? How much should i expect to pay, for the cam, and all supporting mods to get it to 400hp? What brand of parts do you guys recommend?
Im guessing there has been numerous posts asking the same question, but the search function on this site kind of sucks...
Thanks for any suggestions...

Oh yeah, this car is my primary driver, is gas mileage going to be drastically affected by these mods? Whats the typical gas mileage for people that go this route for 400hp?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would do headers, springs, rods and stall to go along with the cam. Make sure your trans is up to the new power as well. Keep in mind money for a tune
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

stall, lt's, cam(your choice), ls2 chain, ls6 oil pump, push rods, springs, tune, maybe ud pulley
Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

5-700 for a tune mabey about the same for a install unless your gonna do it your self not including springs & lifters mabey do push rods aswell and roller rockers