Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do 6 speeds benefit...

Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do 6 speeds benefit...

From removing the front sway bar like automatics do? I know it would help off the line, but it seems like with all the hard shifting down the rest of the track the increased chassis movement might actually slow you down by absorbing some of the power instead of sending it directly to the wheels. It seems like it may help in the long run to keep the front end more rigid by having a front sway bar. Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

the shock are supposed to help with that i believe. but the sway bar restricts a little transfer and it effects u at the line
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
CARTEK Racing

if you shift well you will not move the front end much at all..

shift quick enough, and the front end will not drop much.

overall, I think it will help to transfer weight to the rear wheels, which will help down the track as well because it will prevent loss of traction.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The most important part of a run is the first 60'. I think the gains there would outweigh the losses down track.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I noticed a good improvement in weight transfer, like normal pulling it. But your right, you have to be a little more carfull with that at speed in a m6 car. I don't really let off the gas on shifts. But there is some moment from the rpm change. But on the street messing around letting off I can get a lot of weight moving around rolling along at speed. So you can get the car out of shape if your not careful about it. Same if your shifting slow, like a full 5 step letting off fully.
But good shocks, and spring help alot. I think to many people run too light of a spring, like the QA1 275s. And they can get there car to bottom out messing around. You car has to bet really light to run them is a driver/drag setup. Im running the stock LS1 front spring for that reason, I forgot but there 310ish? With strange single adj. shocks.

Search this Thread