Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES codes after diablosport tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES codes after diablosport tuner

I installed my diablosport u7198 with the latest firmware and have been reading articles on how to set my LTFTs in the right range (0/-2 is what everyone says) and now i'm getting two SES codes. One is P1153-bank 2 fuel control shifted lean, and another one i'm getting every once in a while is P1416- Port Air Circuit. The only time the codes come on is while cruising. They go off atleast once a day. I only have a lid, and slp loudmouth exhaust-the cats have been removed from the stock exhaust, no other performance mods. These codes never went off before so I'm wondering if I did something wrong. The only thing I adjusted to the Factory HP Tune was my tire size, Torque management off, skip shift off, and adjusted my injector slope down -8%. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you relogged since making the slope change?

I wonder if the trims are way out of range now?

Also, the P1153 could possibly be a leak in the exhaust, allowing air in before the upstream O2 sensors.

Also, why the factory HP tune?
Theres another 15 or so HP waiting for you in the performance tune.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Have you relogged since making the slope change?

I wonder if the trims are way out of range now?

Also, the P1153 could possibly be a leak in the exhaust, allowing air in before the upstream O2 sensors.

Also, why the factory HP tune?
Theres another 15 or so HP waiting for you in the performance tune.

Thanks
Mike
Now that you mention it, it does sound like it's leaking. I just purchased headers though, so it will all get re done pretty soon. As for the log, yes i've logged after the slope change and the average ltfts were -1.74%. And what performance tune? The only ones that show up are the diablo tune, the factory hp tune, or the backup. Thanks for the response!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

forgot to mention that I ran the diablosport tune with the injector slope change and my car started to idle weird. When I would be driving and put in the clutch to come to a stop, it would idle at above 1000 rpms and wouldn't drop, so i did the factory hp tune and changed the slope and it's been great since, besides the codes.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Somethings not right there...try reinstalling the tune, and reset the parameters when you do, and see how it runs.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah, the idle would be relearned after a while of driving, no big deal... whenever I make a slope/fueling change, my idle always is a little higher for about 50-75 miles, then it settles back down to it's normal range... so, it's normal, no big deal....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Somethings not right there...try reinstalling the tune, and reset the parameters when you do, and see how it runs.
Will do. i'll install the tune today and see how it goes.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, the idle would be relearned after a while of driving, no big deal... whenever I make a slope/fueling change, my idle always is a little higher for about 50-75 miles, then it settles back down to it's normal range... so, it's normal, no big deal....
I'm gonna try it out again and see how it goes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Diablo tune is installed, with the slope adjusted. So far so good, has plenty of power, and idles smooth, but i'm still getting the two check engine codes. The p1153 is probably my exhaust leak, but the port air circuit is what's confusing me. They both come up at the same time.