LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Gtech testing (My car and my buddy's '04 GT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gtech testing (My car and my buddy's '04 GT)

Well, I've had my Gtech Pro for a while, and I haven't used it in so long, because I could never seem to find good roads to use it on. I told my buddy with an '04 GT (5speed, cai, tb spacer, Flowmaster catback) about it earlier, and he wanted to test his car out with it. So, we grabbed it out of my car, and got it all set up for his. We went out to a pretty decent road, and went for it. His first run was a 14.3@100 w/ a 2.4 60'. He didn't have the greatest launch, and let off and got back in it to keep from spinning. Next run, he ran a 14.2@102 w/ a 2.3 60'. Then, he duplicated that run. Then, he let me take a stab at it with his car. I got the best run of the night with it, and it was my first time driving a 2v hard. I had only driven the car once before that, and it was just cruising down the highway, no WOT runs. I took it to a 14.0@103 w/ a 2.3 60'. I could launch it the same as him, but it seemed like I could bang the gears a little quicker. We were both very surpised how well it did with the mods. Now, we'll have to try it again next week after he gets his 315's and MAC prochamber put on.

Now, for my car. We took it out to the same road. My first run. I rode the clutch a little too much, and burnt the hell out of it. But, I was still able to pull a 2.4 60', and get a 13.7@106. Next run, I spun pretty bad on the launch, but it still seemed pretty decent. I got a 2.3 60', and ran a 13.6@107. And, the last run. I dead hooked, and bogged the very slightest bit. But, I was still able to manage a 13.6@108 w/ a 2.3 60'. I know the Gtech isn't nearly as accurate as the actual track, but it's usually pretty damn close. So, we were both pretty happy, considering our launching problems.