General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car is acting very weird help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car is acting very weird help!

well when the car is cold and i start it up and warm it up, it acts great but if i turn my car off after its warmed like driving it to a gas station and sitting for 5 min or so, i start it back up and go to drive off and about 2000 rpms it falls on its face, it sounds like a miss , and the rpms stay there. then i let off and it doest it one more time then it will quite and feels fine again. WOT it feels good to so i dont know, mabe fuel pump?throtle positioning sensor?plugs and wires???? i dont know. please help
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, that can be a few different things. Get a scan, OBDII and see if it shows anything like 02 sensors that arent working poperly. But not the scanners at auto parts stores, the real one that the dealerships use.

Some pCM's will not show an SES light when there's a problem.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely need some more info on diagnostics. Need to know whats going on with the O2's and some other sensors and if you are throwing any codes or anything. If you just start doing stuff you are just going to be throwing money at it hoping it goes away without actually knowing whats wrong. At the very least get the codes scanned and see what pops up.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i just replaced the front 02's so they are working good. cuz my MPG went to **** right before i changed them now its doing decent again.
so i dont know. i havent got a tune yet and have deleted all my air pump egr **** so i have had a check engine light on for a while now. but ill hook up a scanner to it and see whats up. anything else mabe?