Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hello from SAM Racing - School of Automotive Machinist

Press Release for School of Automotive Machinists
Announcing a New Automotive Course
CNC Automotive Machining

The School of Automotive Machinists is proud to announce the start of our new Automotive Engine CNC Machining Program beginning Spring of 2009.

This course will allow students to learn and gain experience in the setup, programming and operation of 5-axis CNC machining. Students will thoroughly explore all aspects of the machining center including digitizing and G-code programming. With the industry quickly turning to these highly sophisticated and accurate machines, this course will qualify graduates as a CNC automotive machinist. Our course will also prepare them for employment in the most technologically advanced shops in motorsports. The CNC class will be taught on an industry leading Haas ES-5-4T Horizontal Machining Center allowing hands on training from the most basic techniques to the most complex 5th axis cylinder head porting.

Check out the SAM Racing team at http://www.samracing.com/teamsam.html

For more information regarding this course and others SAM has to offer, please visit our website at www.samracing.com or send us an email to admissions@samracing.com
Attached Thumbnails Hello from SAM Racing - School of Automotive Machinist-sam-pic-cnc-1.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

sounds like a really good oppurtunity! i need to get down there to take a look at that place. are you going to be "packaging" the CNC program with other courses like the cylinder head course in the future?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats funny. i just talked to someone like 2 days ago about the cnc program. cooll stuff.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Very nice!!! We are very glad to see you guys offering this course now. It's been much needed and will serve the guys well going out into the automotive industry. Way to stay on top of it guys!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Definitely a top notch program and the CNC will only add more depth to each graduate. I personally know this as I am a Graduate of the program.

Keep it up guys!

Quick Reply: Hello from SAM Racing - School of Automotive Machinist