Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which belts to order

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which belts to order

I Still have to order my belts and attachments for my new seat and roll bar. I See there are many different types. I am thinking about the Impact Camlock version but i'm not sure which one to order. The 5 point individual pull down with wrap attachment? Or Floor mounts. What other hardware do i need. Can i just use the stock seatbelt attachment holes for the side mounts? I See they make different kinds of angle brackets to attach to the floor also. Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the latch style over camlock, mainly for the price difference. It does take a little longer to get the latch style all hooked up, but in my opinion, it is just as easy to take loose in a hurry. And that is the main concern.

I already talked to you in the PM, so this is redundant for you but might help others, I use individual shoulder straps that are wrap-around. Mainly personal preference and whether or not your roll bar has tabs welded on to bolt on a harness.

Lap bolts, I chose bolt-on and reused stock locations with 60 degree brackets from Jegs. M12-1.75 bolts from Lowe's.

You can order a Wolfe crotch strap bracket from Thunder Racing for $35 and go wrap-around with the crotch strap. Or go with an eye-bolt and plate and bolt it in or use the hook type attachment.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:00 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt has covered most of my points on belt selection, although I went with the single mount shoulder harness instead of the wrap (has tabs welded to the crossbar). Make sure you have the correct brackets for the crotch strap and the lap belts, as they must be mounted at a correct angle to pass strict tech rules.

Derek
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

wats better pull down or pull up? for tightening. and anyone have a pic of the belt tab they hav on the crossbar?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the replies. They say for door cars pull down are fine, that is what i prefer and dragsters use the pull up due to the confined space.