General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

replaced plugs and wires camaro feels kinda sluggish??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replaced plugs and wires camaro feels kinda sluggish??

I just replaced my plugs with NGK tr55's and my wires with MSD 8.5mm plug wires. When I went to start it it would just crank for a bit, then it finally fired up and ran at high idle and then smoothed out. I shut the car off and noticed the coolant temp sensor was disconnected so I plugged it back in and it fired up fine and ran. When I went to take it on a test run it felt kinda sluggish. Maybe its just me but it doesnt seem as peepy as it used to. I didnt gap the plugs due to the fact that NGK tr 55's are gapped .59 so I thought that was good. All plug wires are tight and on and it idles good. My question is do you think the gap should be bigger and would the low coolant sensor make it not start up like that? Thanks in advance
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it is just you but in case give it a few days to make sure everything is ok. I think my car is sluggish all the time until I end up racing someone and blowing their doors off. Then I think she's (car) still got it. but maybe you should try to tweek a lil bit with your handheld tuner.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I think it is just you but in case give it a few days to make sure everything is ok. I think my car is sluggish all the time until I end up racing someone and blowing their doors off. Then I think she's (car) still got it. but maybe you should try to tweek a lil bit with your handheld tuner.
ya your probly right... I suck at tuning with that thing... ive tried to get my LTFT to 0% and it seems like the gas mileage sucks
Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

you didnt gap the plugs, or you didnt check them?

If you didnt check them, always always always always check them,

first time i ever changed plugs was on a 93 silverado, didnt check em, truck ran like boooooty. Pulled them back out and yah....they were waaay off

never know what kinda hell they go through with shipped and getting banged around