Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 90

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast 90

Does anyone know who ports USED fast 90 intakes, I talked to a few shops that port but they only port new ones....... I talked to tony mamo and he said he would do it for about 650, I can't pay that kind of cash for an extra 10 to 15 hp......I hope someone on here knows someone else that can do it
Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a little steep by about ohhh $150.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Texas Speed.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by solo21
Does anyone know who ports USED fast 90 intakes, I talked to a few shops that port but they only port new ones....... I talked to tony mamo and he said he would do it for about 650, I can't pay that kind of cash for an extra 10 to 15 hp......I hope someone on here knows someone else that can do it
Guys,

Just for clarification its $600 for used and $550 for new....and the extra $50 doesnt cover the added hassle IMO.

The thing is when my customers ultimately see the work performed no one has ever complained about the price. Think about it....if what I have been providing over the years was even remotely sub par, you bet your butt someone.... many people in fact would have voiced their opinion about it. I could certainly do half the work and spend half the time doing it, charge you guys 50% less but thats not what I'm about. Im a perfectionist and I like to optimize everything I'm involved with, especially anything engine performance related. It's just one of my greatest passions if you will.

I would also rather port three intakes a month the right way than rush thru ten at half the cost. To be honest I could probably make alot more money if I dropped prices a bit and spent less time porting....it would still have the "ported FAST" title attached but I wouldn't be putting out a product I could feel good about having my name (and reputation) attached to it. It takes years to build a truly good reputation and unfortunatly (if I had to guess) probably only months to destroy one....LOL.

Much like cylinder heads...."ported" FAST intakes are not the same and results will vary based on the quality and consistancy of the work performed.
Whether you want to pay the premium for my involvement is of course a choice only you can make based on how much you value what I offer....its not for everyone.

Sorry for the semi rant....just felt the need to share!

Thanks,
Tony