Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got the 4l80e switched back to auto mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default got the 4l80e switched back to auto mod

got my new v/b in with the new updated Transgo HD2 kit(thanks to them for swapping out the old kit) was easy to mod the new v/b, esp with the supplied sep plate, pita changing out the PR spring in the pump, but Transgo advised doing it since i had the mod spring in there-on my list is a new snap ring pliers, lol
i saw a lot better pressure with this setup, the compushift controller was easy to use-got a little driving in before the snow hits tonight, def cool to have the auto setup again, automatic lockup, ability to change shift speeds
and pressure-the display shows all kind of crap, speed, rpms, trans temp, etc
still have a lag in the 2-3 shift, def better though than the manuel setup, when i swap in my stroker motor i might pull the trans down and pick some brains as to speeding up that shift
the turbo 400's were not to bad as manuels, but that extra gear in the 4l80e could get old, esp in stop/go driving, having to rachet down to 1st from neu. a lot
i played with it a little in the manuel mode, seems like it has TC lockup in 4th, and would downshift to 3rd when you got on it, but gotta erad up on it some more-def glad i made this move
Attached Thumbnails got the 4l80e switched back to auto mod-im001195.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice, Jim!