General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Alarm

Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alarm

Anybody have any ideas on what would cause the car alarm to randomly go off? I have to manually lock my doors currently cause the thing keeps going. If I turn it off with the key fob it just comes right back on.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Water has seeped into your shock sensor and its freaking out. Open up the area where your spare tire jack is in. The shock sensor is the little black box taped to the side with the little adjuster *** on it. Disconnect it and take off the electrical tape and it should pretty much fall into two peices. Get an alcohol swap and clean all the green corrosion off of it then seal it up around the edges with black electrical tape and around the middle then reconnect it and it should be golden. Same thing happened to me after a hard rain it kept freaking out and going off all the time.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

my camaro did the same thing. it happened for a couple hours on and off, so i just locked them manually. Then i tried it and it just randomly stopped doing it? ill check my shock sensor and see if i see anything out of place. the thing that i dont get is im pretty damn sure my car doesnt leak (atlest to my knowledge i have never seen any leaks back there)
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That has to be it, I had to pop on my spare donut in the rain after running over a nail. Will get that thing dried out this weekend.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
my camaro did the same thing. it happened for a couple hours on and off, so i just locked them manually. Then i tried it and it just randomly stopped doing it? ill check my shock sensor and see if i see anything out of place. the thing that i dont get is im pretty damn sure my car doesnt leak (atlest to my knowledge i have never seen any leaks back there)
If you ran into a hard rain moisture can get into your hatch area regardless. I have 33,000 miles on my car and it had absolutely perfect seals. Open up that shock sensor I guarantee you that's the problem!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm i think this might be why my car has started to go nuts and we just had to good soaking days of rain.....wouldnt it be a good idea to seal the box edges up with silicone so this dont happen again, atleast i think i might if this is the culprit?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

same thing happened to me, i just unplugged the damn thing.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be getting wet from condensation and not a leak ? Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

yea condensation is a bitch especially in a garage that doesnt have good ventilation, a friend of mines dad parked his C6 vette in the garage over the winter and went somewhere for vacation then came back and his dash and seats were soaked from condensation.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
yea condensation is a bitch especially in a garage that doesnt have good ventilation, a friend of mines dad parked his C6 vette in the garage over the winter and went somewhere for vacation then came back and his dash and seats were soaked from condensation.
That would blow. I replaced mine, it wasnt that expensive and I bought it form a dealer too.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well......nice sunny day today so ill pulled the little booger out ...sure enough it was condensation, so much it had a small little bit of water pooled up inside the little black box, cleaned it all out, sprayed it down with contact cleaner, let it dry in the sun then took silicone and sealed it up everything but the adjust **** so maybe it will help it from getting moisture in it so much...and my alarm works like it use to now.....

Search this Thread