Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Problem.

Okay so my venture with the 5.3 in my Trans Am continues.

Everything is installed properly, I triple checked everything. The car cranks and idles fine, but when I try to give it some gas it's like is misfires or something. it does this when I give it a quick blip on the throttle. Like it completely cuts off. When I just streadly hit the gas pedal it will rev up like normal until about 4k RPM then it does the same ****.

I'm thinking I may have missed a header bolt or something. Or maybe my intake manifold gaskets are bad. I know this is a bad description of what is going on, but I will go into more detail when I can mess with the car again.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Could be a Faulty TPS sensor it may have a dead spot close to WOT which would explain the higher end stumble and quik throttle blip.......Intake gaskets usually cause a rough hard to keep running idle or a cold rough idle/missfires but worth checking.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Didn't think of that. I'll check that tomorrow. Thanks!

This one is in the wrong forum, but any idea why I would have no movement in any gears at all in my 4l60E? Torque Converter was installed correctly, and I haven't checked to see if the pump is working. Just tried to put it into gear and none of them worked.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Teching In

i had that problem and my fuel pump was weak.. just happened out the blue.. car idled fine but when i give it some juice it'd choke and cut off... just something to think about
Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

unplug the maf and see if the hesitation gets better
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds like the problem i'm having. When i drive the car and give it gas it wants to misfire and cut out. It's like the car has no power. Seems to do this a little at idle also.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

About the transmission problem, i hope you made sure that the notches for the trany pump on the torque converted where properly lined up and seated in the trans. If not you may have just crushed you trany pump and it will not be going anywhere. Ask me how i know?