Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Chevy guy from Greenville, SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chevy guy from Greenville, SC

Hey guys, my name is steve. I'm 18 and just about 2 months from graduating high school. After high school i plan on going to Greenville Tech for Automotive Technology to get ASE certified and learn almost everything i need to know about cars. I already have a decent knowledge about how everything works but am still in the learning phase. My only ride is my black 2002 chevy s10 Xtreme, nicknamed "Lil' Black" and she is the love of my life . Right now she's got the stock 4.3l v6 with nothing more than a spectre CAI, throttle body spacer which im currently trying to find the stock throttle body bolts to take it off because its not doing anything more than not allowing me to bolt down the plenum and is probably causing me to lose air to the intake, dual exhaust with high flow cat and a y-pipe, and it's had a power programmer used on it because she shifts alot higher than stock and the top speed limiter is removed, but i dont know the details, the previous owner did it. I have alot of big plans, including an Ls2 swap...hopefully turbo'd but we'll see what the future holds.

Anyways, sorry for the life story haha. My buddy Matt from streetfire.net reccomended i sign up here, looks like an awesome place to meet some cool gearheads like myself!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome, and your right, this is a great site. It's addicting and you will always find more ideas to spend your money on.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Welcome, and your right, this is a great site. It's addicting and you will always find more ideas to spend your money on.
Lol you aren't lying about that for sure... I've already put well over a grand in this thing and i've had it for a little over a year.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome, for tech stuff this site can't be beat. If you want to know about local scene you should come on over to clubhioctane.com and check it out, bunch of local car guys.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds awesome man, i'll check it out.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

lol yeah there are a ton of ideas on here, which always make me change my direction, but a great source for information. Nice Xtreme by the way, i have always been a fan of those.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ Thanks man! I have been thinking about what to do with it... Trade it for a Camaro or just hold on to it and save up for a Ls1/Ls2 swap that i really wanna do. I'd really love to one day save up to have this thing pushin 8 cylinders and have a 00-02 SS but that seems highly unlikely within the next 5 years or so.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bullet95z28
lol yeah there are a ton of ideas on here, which always make me change my direction, but a great source for information. Nice Xtreme by the way, i have always been a fan of those.
Are you the guy running around clemson with the "loud-Z" tag? If so I parked by you today and when i cranked my car your car started beeping at me... good thing it only gave the warning beep these cars with factory settings are just too sensitive.

edit: just looked at your album, not the guy nvm. Just thought it was ironic my exhaust was loud enough to set the alarm off on another guys car that said "loud z"
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Nice truck man

I am aso 18. S-series trucks were my first few vehicles. They are what really gotme into the automotive scene.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^ Same here man. My first car was actually a 2000 Jeep grand cherokee, which i have to admit is a chick magnet (even tho the truck is more), but i traded it at first sight for the Xtreme. And i never realized that people were so crazy about cars like they were and it got me intrigued and now i'm neck deep in the car scene lol. The most money i ever spent on the jeep was for gas(i did'nt even pay for the subs in it), but i've spent well over 1000 bucks in the past year just fixing things up on the truck and making it look better. Sadly, there's still several odds and ends i need to clean up that are really buggin me but that i can do nothing about(cracked front valence, primer spots where i debadged the LS badges behind the windows, tons of paint chips on the bumper and hood, etc.) but it's a work in progress.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone goin to the haywood meet tomorrow night? If so you will know when me and some buddies roll up because we will be the most retarded lookin group ever lol... I'm bringin the X, a buddy is bringin his dime and possibly bringin another guy with a dime, and 3 of my other friends coming with us are in a 96 honda accord, like a 98-99 saturn sc2, and a pt cruiser hahaaa