Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv and vacume line on valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv and vacume line on valve cover

im finishing up my project and bought the engine by itself. so the pcv on the driverside and nipple on the rear of the pass side valve cover dont have ne thing going to them. where do they get routed to? anyone have a diagram? ive been searching and it says that you should not just put breathers on them.

engine is out of an 01 ls1
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awd-rwd racer
im finishing up my project and bought the engine by itself. so the pcv on the driverside and nipple on the rear of the pass side valve cover dont have ne thing going to them. where do they get routed to? anyone have a diagram? ive been searching and it says that you should not just put breathers on them.

engine is out of an 01 ls1
In stock form, they join together and attach to the side of the intake manifold right behind the throttle body.

What kind of PCV setup are you running?? An old style LS1 setup, or the newer LS6/L92 that has the PCV system integrated into the valley cover??
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it has a ls6 intake manifold. when i bought the engine where the pcv was supposed to be it was just empty. so your saying i can just run a line from the pcv to the breather nipple on the pass side? the car runs and idles fine with the 2 breathers on in. just dont want to damage anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awd-rwd racer
it has a ls6 intake manifold. when i bought the engine where the pcv was supposed to be it was just empty. so your saying i can just run a line from the pcv to the breather nipple on the pass side? the car runs and idles fine with the 2 breathers on in. just dont want to damage anything.
As long as you have the vacuum hose connected from the intake valley to the intake manifold, you can just run breathers. You can also just cap off the ports on the rear of the valve covers and run a hose from the throttle body port to the vent port in the middle of the passenger side valve cover, like the stock system had.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html

Quick Reply: pcv and vacume line on valve cover