Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jantzer Performance BILLET Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jantzer Performance BILLET Throttle Bodies

So..... Maybe you guys can help me out here. Let me first say I know less than nothing about your crazy (but very cool) world, so if I ask a stupid question, please don't beat me up too much....

Anyway, my brother is going to build himself a drag car and one of the pieces he wants to install is something he called a "billet" throttle body made by Jantzer Performance. I'd like to get him one for his birthday, so I looked and found one of these things on eBay (I know, eBay kinda sucks) for $329.00. Is that a good price and is the product good? Jantzer only had 1 Negative feedback out of 400+, but my faith in eBay's feedback is zilch. I wanted to find out about this thing a little bit more before chunking out that kind of money, so I asked my sister-in-law where I could get some info and she sent me here...

From reading some of the posts on your site here, it seems that Jantzer Performance (is the owners name Scott?) is thought of in a very unfavorable light (to put it nicely compared to what some of you had to say), which makes me wonder about his product... Does anyone know if he makes them (I guess he has a machine shop?) or are they made by someone else and he just sticks his name on them? If he doesn't make them;
1) Who does?
2) Can I buy direct from them?
3) How do I contact of them?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate, but some of the posts I read make me a bit leery of this company and I don't want to blow my money on a crappy product or spend it with an un-reputable company.

Many thanks to all who provide any help or info!
DWB
Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

talk to 99blancoSS on here, he sells those TB's if i recall. i'm buying my motor through him, he's a good guy and will take care of you
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

99blancoSS used to sell them
Old 03-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
SilverOne,

Used to sell them? Is that a bad thing that 99blancoSS no longer does?

DWB
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

this thread tells all:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rformance.html
Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott's business practices have been called into question many times in the past - proceed with caution.

There are other billet throttle bodies out there like the ones offered from Nick Williams. They aren't as pretty as what Jantzer was offering, but they perform.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

oh wow...i knew jantzer was causing problems, but holy crap...i didn't know it was that bad...
Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

*EDIT*

Ignore this post. This is Scott posting under a back door name because he's banned from this site and banned to advertise here. Posting under different user names, lying about your identity, and claiming you're "friends" with Scott should be enough proof to show how shady Jantzer is. Proceed with caution.

Last edited by Damian; 03-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

I have a stock janzter ported TB... its a nice peice?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by quikrnmost
I have one of his "black widow" 92mm throttle bodies. It's a nice piece!

I'm friends with Scott and he will be the first to tell you about falling short on customer service in 02-03. He was in over his head and was slow to get product shipped out. There is alot of guys on tech that won't let it go. The best thing to do would be to email him and discuss it with him. Everything you read here is not true. I don't know how what you read on here could be true if he has 99.7% positive feedback on ebay. I guess sometimes you have to decide for yourself what is true. Read the ebay feedback, it can't be manipulated.
quikrnmost,
What is Jantzer Performances email? And what is a "black widow"? Can you post a pic?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Teching In

So I read some more of the posts about these guys, and all I can say is, "WOW".... If even a portion of the stuff said about Jantzer Performance is true, they sound like a very poorly run company, one I'd probably not want to hand a bunch of money. Which leads back to my original question, do they make their own stuff or is it made for them with their name on it?

DWB
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

*EDIT*

Ah whadduya know, Scott posting again. I told you bro, the admins are watching you. And having fun doing it

Last edited by Damian; 03-03-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Teching In

quikrnmost,
Didn't realize I could email them from eBay auction. Haven't used eBay very much. Went back to Jantzer Performance's auction and looked at the pics more closely and saw the "Black Widow". You racing guys have some very cool toys.

There's a couple of pictures shown on the auction that look like a chunk of metal (aluminum?) in some kind of machine. Is that one of their throttle bodies being made? Is that Jantzer Performance's shop? Would be cool to go in and see one being made!

DWB
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Is 99blancoSS a member here? Would like to get his input about Jantzer Performances stuff...

DWB
Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dirtywhiteboy, the guy you're talking to (quikrnmost) is Scott Jantzer. It's not his "friend". Scott is posting through under cover names here trying to drum up business because he is banned from LS1tech, for many reasons. Do a search on him, and buy a TB from one of our supporting vendors that doesn't screw people over on a yearly basis and are legally allowed to post here
Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Bam! Haha.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Damian
Dirtywhiteboy, the guy you're talking to (quikrnmost) is Scott Jantzer. It's not his "friend". Scott is posting through under cover names here trying to drum up business because he is banned from LS1tech, for many reasons. Do a search on him, and buy a TB from one of our supporting vendors that doesn't screw people over on a yearly basis and are legally allowed to post here
Whatever lol. I'm friends with Scott. And I'm answering questions that were asked, nothing more nothing less. You would do the same for your friends. Damian since you have such a problem with Scott why don't you call him? His number is public information that can be found with a simple search. Ever since you started porting throttle bodies and competing directly with Scott, you have stirred up trouble and made slanderous comments one after another.

Here is a question for you that you continue to completely ignore....
Why is it that you talk about him screwing people over right and left and yet he has 1 negative feedback left on ebay in 400 transactions? READ the feedback, because it's the facts, unbiased opinion.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy
Is 99blancoSS a member here? Would like to get his input about Jantzer Performances stuff...

DWB
Buyer beware is all I can say. I chose not to carry his products anymore for a reason. Quality being one of them as well as other reasons of which I will not disclose in the public forum. He goes by a few different names on here as well as he has been banned a few times, that should tell you all you need to know.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

To the original poster, you may want to find out what size throttle body he wants.

See if you can find out what type of intake he has.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Damian
Holy crap!!! All I want to do is get my crazy brother a birthday gift he asked for... What have I stepped in the middle of?

Sounds like quality of Jantzer Performance's stuff is possibly in question here, which one more time, leads me to ask this, "Does Jantzer make their own stuff or is it made for them?????"

I asked this in my original post and again to quikrnmost (who is supposedly Scott Jantzer???) and nobody seems to either know or want to say!!! What the heck???? If Jantzer Performance doesn't make their stuff, who is making it and how do I get in contact with them.

I understand that there are other places that make these billet throttle bodies, but my brother is set on something Jantzer Performance calls a Black Widow.

Can somebody please answer this for me ???

Thank you to those who have responded.

DWB

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 03-03-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added a note

Quick Reply: Jantzer Performance BILLET Throttle Bodies