Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0l lq4/4l80e swap into 66 chevy

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0l lq4/4l80e swap into 66 chevy

i am swapping a 6.0l lq4 and a 4l80e from a 2001 chevrolet 1500 hd into my 66 chevrolet C10 pickup. they have 80,000k miles on them. i was wondering if anyone could help me. from what i have seen the wires from the chassis section of the harness that are required to run the engine are as follows..

C1- B11 - RED this wire feeds 12v Battery+ to ignition switch, hot at all times.

C1 - A9 - PINK - this wire is FROM ignition switch, hot in RUN, START. This powers up fuses on block.

C3 - F1 - GRAY - Power feed to fuel pump.

In addition to those connections, you need to connect C100 pin C, Pink, to 12v+ RUN/START source. This wire feeds the Transmission Solenoids and PCM. The fuse for this wire is NOT in the underhood fuse block. The fuse was located in the underdash fuseblock in the 99+ pickups. You need to use a 10A fuse for this wire and hook to a RUN/START 12v+ source. This wire runs from C100 Pin C to Underhood Fuseblock C2 - E2. Inside the fuse block, it turns around and comes back out on C2 - F2. F2 then runs to the PCM and Transmission.

does the info for the 12v+ wire to the transmission apply also to my 4l80e? also what is the correct way to wire the cruise control to work properly? i have been trying to track down all this wiring but i am having a hard time. i have asked around several different places looking for the pinouts for the c1 connector that connects the the under hood fuse box (not the pcm C1 connector) but no one seems willing to help. the only pinouts i found for that specific plug were for a 2005 and were completely different. if you could post them up or tell me where to find them i would really appreciate it. the C1 connector i am talking about is this one in the pic.
thanks ahead of time,
John

Quick Reply: 6.0l lq4/4l80e swap into 66 chevy