Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor wiring after header install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor wiring after header install.

I had my SLP longtube headers installed at a local shop. Today i had the car up on a lift to adjust the exhaust so it wouldnt rattle and noticed how they wired up the o2 sensors which i dont believe is correct but thought id see what the experts had to say. The passanger side front o2 and wiring comes down from inbetween the engine/trans but then splits out to the drivers side front o2 with the wiring running under the transmission and zip tied up. Is this correct? all the pictures i was able to find on here has the wiring coming down from the sides of the engine/trans to the o2 not having the drivers side front o2 wiring running across underneath the trans?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump..... anyone
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that would not be the way it was run from the factory. Mine splits up front somewhere and then each sides wires run along the motor to where the O2 sensors plug in. There should be no wire running under the trans that I can think of. As long as everything is tied up off of heat sources and everything is plugged in I guess it shouldn't really matter, its just not how they were run from the factory.